Author Topic: Will Obamacare Repeal Really Leave 30 Million without Insurance?  (Read 604 times)

rangerrebew

December 11, 2016
Will Obamacare Repeal Really Leave 30 Million without Insurance?
By Brian Joondeph

Repeal and replace.  That was and still is the Donald Trump promise for Obamacare.  Congressional Republicans are ready to join in.  Not that they haven't been trying for the past six years, with over 60 attempts at repeal at the congressional level, all quickly dispatched by the Obama veto pen.

Now that there is a new sheriff in town, the veto threat is gone.  Repeal and replace may actually happen.  What will it mean?

In my local paper, The Denver Post, is an article, written not by anyone at The Denver Post, but instead by The Associated Press, claiming that 30 million people will lose their health insurance if Obamacare is repealed.  The article describes a recent study from the Urban Institute looking at the scenario of repeal only – no replacement – and predicts an increase of 30 million uninsured people over the next three years.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/12/will_obamacare_repeal_really_leave_30_million_without_insurance.html#ixzz4SXZ2Vk9L
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline MajorClay

Re: Will Obamacare Repeal Really Leave 30 Million without Insurance?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 03:26:42 pm »
How many of that thirty mil are young and healthy and don't want to pay for expensive coverage?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 03:30:19 pm »
How many of that thirty mil are young and healthy and don't want to pay for expensive coverage?

And the number of that thirty million who lack health insurance and will not be able to get healthcare is ZERO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 05:54:36 pm »
BFD! How many of those supposedly covered by that joke Obamacare are actually what you would consider insured? I know I don't consider my wife insured, the plans deductibles are so ridiculously high that almost all of the expenses come out of her pocket and even what used to be reasonable cash rates have been made extinct by this obamanation foisted upon the American people. The only ones that I actually see getting insured and decent medical care are the illegals. The sooner this is repealed the better for America.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 05:57:03 pm »
of course not

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 08:15:34 pm »
BFD! How many of those supposedly covered by that joke Obamacare are actually what you would consider insured? I know I don't consider my wife insured, the plans deductibles are so ridiculously high that almost all of the expenses come out of her pocket and even what used to be reasonable cash rates have been made extinct by this obamanation foisted upon the American people. The only ones that I actually see getting insured and decent medical care are the illegals. The sooner this is repealed the better for America.

Bingo!

There is a world of difference between merely having your name on a policy, and having your name on a policy that actually does you some good.  What Obamacare provides is essentially catastrophic care coverage (what used to be called hospitalization and major medical) but at comprehensive coverage prices.  That is essentially why it's a failure.