Author Topic: Coming Soon: The U.S. Army's New Armored Weapon (Designed to Take on Russia or China)  (Read 393 times)

rangerrebew

Coming Soon: The U.S. Army's New Armored Weapon (Designed to Take on Russia or China)
[1]
Main Image

The Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle will bring new armored technology to major combat operations.
Dave Majumdar [2]

In less than a few weeks, the Army will roll-out its new infantry carrier platform called the Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle, designed to transport troops under armor, conduct reconnaissance missions, evacuate injured soldiers, fire weapons and withstand major enemy ground-war attacks, service officials told Scout Warrior. 

Built by BAE Systems, the platform is intended to replace the Vietnam-era M113 infantry carrier; several variants are planned, including a General Purpose Vehicle, Mortar Carrier Vehicle, Mission Command Vehicle, Medical Evacuation Vehicle and Medical Treatment Vehicle.

Source URL (retrieved on December 10, 2016): http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/coming-soon-the-us-armys-new-armored-weapon-designed-take-18681

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Coming Soon: The U.S. Army's New Armored Weapon (Designed to Take on Russia or China)
[1]
Main Image

The Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle will bring new armored technology to major combat operations.
Dave Majumdar [2]

In less than a few weeks, the Army will roll-out its new infantry carrier platform called the Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle, designed to transport troops under armor, conduct reconnaissance missions, evacuate injured soldiers, fire weapons and withstand major enemy ground-war attacks, service officials told Scout Warrior. 

Built by BAE Systems, the platform is intended to replace the Vietnam-era M113 infantry carrier; several variants are planned, including a General Purpose Vehicle, Mortar Carrier Vehicle, Mission Command Vehicle, Medical Evacuation Vehicle and Medical Treatment Vehicle.

Source URL (retrieved on December 10, 2016): http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/coming-soon-the-us-armys-new-armored-weapon-designed-take-18681

Ummm, I thought the Bradley was supposed to replace the M113.  Are we retconning actual history now?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!