Author Topic: Russia was trying to help Donald Trump win election, says CIA in secret assessment  (Read 16019 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Well duh.

Anyone who isn't a moron could see it.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Well duh.

Anyone who isn't a moron could see it.

I'm gonna need some evidence on this one.

Offline corbe

Would Trump nominating the CEO of Exon as SoS be evidence enough?  Big Putin lover.
   We know Putin's disdain for obummer, hellary and Kerry.
   Russia had some influence in the US election but I personally don't think it was significant enough to get Trump over the hump.
   His overzealous supporters and hellary's unlikeability factor were important. IMHO
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

'Secret' assessment?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

• Technical

Would Trump nominating the CEO of Exon as SoS be evidence enough?  Big Putin lover.
   We know Putin's disdain for obummer, hellary and Kerry.
   Russia had some influence in the US election but I personally don't think it was significant enough to get Trump over the hump.
   His overzealous supporters and hellary's unlikeability factor were important. IMHO

It's not "evidence enough". Need a concrete who and how to believe this assessment, as is.

Trump may actually be innocent of everything but through his buffoonery he looks guilty.

Offline Frank Cannon

Are these the same folks who told us about WMD's in Iraq?

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Are these the same folks who told us about WMD's in Iraq?

You do know that there were WMDs in Iraq, right?  The Russians removed large amounts of chemical WMDs to Syria just before the US invasion, but we found pretty large caches of yellow cake and refined uranium.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline plewis1250

You do know that there were WMDs in Iraq, right?  The Russians removed large amounts of chemical WMDs to Syria just before the US invasion, but we found pretty large caches of yellow cake and refined uranium.

Shhhh!!! You might let the cat out of the bag, that Operation Iraqi Freedom was a GOOD thing...
The pecking order: Christian, American, Conservative

Offline beandog

If we are so pitiful that Russian hackers can disrupt our election, then we deserve it.  I personally do not believe it.  The Donald won because Hillary lost.  People need to get over it.  She got more votes than him because of the worthless liberals that have taken over California and ruined it. :thud:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Who was the source? Harry Reid?

This is the garbage that causes Trump's supporters not to believe the media. That's why Trump won, not because of some Russian conspiracy. All of the truth in the world could be thrown at these people and they wouldn't listen because they believe the media has an agenda against their guy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

• Technical
If we are so pitiful that Russian hackers can disrupt our election, then we deserve it.  I personally do not believe it.  The Donald won because Hillary lost.  People need to get over it.  She got more votes than him because of the worthless liberals that have taken over California and ruined it. :thud:

Until I see evidence I cannot believe anything.

Offline Cripplecreek

Who was the source? Harry Reid?

This is the garbage that causes Trump's supporters not to believe the media. That's why Trump won, not because of some Russian conspiracy. All of the truth in the world could be thrown at these people and they wouldn't listen because they believe the media has an agenda against their guy.

The simple fact is that both sides are lying and yes its well known that every eastern European neonazi scumbag on the planet was pimping for Trump. We know Trump himself was lying because he said so himself and FOX news happily gave him a platform to do so.

Sure the leftist media lies but that doesn't mean there weren't "right wing" media sites like the conservative nuthouse lying just as much.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
'Secret' assessment?

Last I heard every assessment the CIA does is secret!  But I know nothing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The simple fact is that both sides are lying and yes its well known that every eastern European neonazi scumbag on the planet was pimping for Trump. We know Trump himself was lying because he said so himself and FOX news happily gave him a platform to do so.

Sure the leftist media lies but that doesn't mean there weren't "right wing" media sites like the conservative nuthouse lying just as much.

Absolutely true!  The left HAS to find something to hang this loss on other then their policies! They simply cannot afford to admit that those are failed!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Shhhh!!! You might let the cat out of the bag, that Operation Iraqi Freedom was a GOOD thing...

Yeah. 15 year wars for nothing are always awesome. We have too many young people taking up space in this country anyway.

Offline kevindavis007

Need more proof..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yeah. 15 year wars for nothing are always awesome. We have too many young people taking up space in this country anyway.

Two points!

1. It wasn't "for nothing"!

2. The only reason it has dragged on for fifteen years is OBAMA!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

We need the CIA to tell us this?  I thought everyone knew Putin wanted Trump to win.

He probably didn't want another "Reset" button from Hillary.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Two points!

1. It wasn't "for nothing"!

2. The only reason it has dragged on for fifteen years is OBAMA!

Thank you, Bigun.  Truth smells especially fresh in the morning.  :beer:

(And yes, there were WMD's in Iraq).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!

I'm with you, I need some proof.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

HonestJohn

You do realize that Sony was hacked by the North Koreans of their movie, "The Interview", right?

If the North Koreans can hack Sony... Russia, with it's far more competent intelligence services and larger budget, should be able to do much better (don't you think)?

Offline bolobaby

The Trump transition team dismissed the findings in a short statement issued Friday evening. “These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history. It’s now time to move on and ‘Make America Great Again,’ ” the statement read.

I see Team Trump has simply decided to adopt the Big Lie strategy. The highlighted section isn't even CLOSE to being true. In fact, he barely eked this one out when compared to other elections.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

• Technical
I see Team Trump has simply decided to adopt the Big Lie strategy. The highlighted section isn't even CLOSE to being true. In fact, he barely eked this one out when compared to other elections.

No, it's not. Twitter seems to think that idiot Bannon wrote that crap. Trump needs to get rid of him.

Offline Cripplecreek

You do realize that Sony was hacked by the North Koreans of their movie, "The Interview", right?

If the North Koreans can hack Sony... Russia, with it's far more competent intelligence services and larger budget, should be able to do much better (don't you think)?

Actually a lot simpler than hacking. All they have to do is flood social media with false pro trump stories from false news sites in eastern Europe. Lord knows I must have blocked a thousand Russian trolls on Twitter.  We called them "Peggys".