Author Topic: Trump to pick Ronna Romney McDaniel to lead RNC  (Read 1000 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to pick Ronna Romney McDaniel to lead RNC
« on: December 10, 2016, 12:06:09 am »
Trump to pick Ronna Romney McDaniel to lead RNC
By Jonathan Swan - 12/09/16 03:48 PM EST

Ronna Romney McDaniel is expected to be Donald Trump’s pick to be the next chairwoman of the Republican National Committee (RNC), according to two sources with direct knowledge of the deliberations.

McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Michigan Republican Party, is expected to attend Trump's rally in Grand Rapids, Mich., Friday night. The Hill has not been able to confirm, however, whether the president-elect will announce his support for her at the event.

McDaniel is the favored choice of current RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, according to two sources with direct knowledge of Priebus's thinking. Trump has told Priebus that he wants him to take responsibility for ensuring the RNC is put into safe hands under his presidency.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/309734-trump-to-select-michigan-party-chair-and-romneys-niece-to-lead-rnc
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: Trump to pick Ronna Romney McDaniel to lead RNC
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 12:35:36 am »
  McConnell's wife and now Romney's niece, nepotism is still alive and well in US Politics and I'm sure Ivanka will have a prominent position also.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 12:39:43 am »
Between the DeVos and Romney families that has Michigan's insider royalty wrapped up.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 12:52:24 am »
   Texas has no dogs in the hunt, so far.  The only ones from the south are Sessions and Haley, if I'm not mistaken.  The NE has quite a few though.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 01:04:21 am »
   Texas has no dogs in the hunt, so far.  The only ones from the south are Sessions and Haley, if I'm not mistaken.  The NE has quite a few though.

The Romney family is better known but the DeVos family is better connected. Betsy DeVos has been a national RNC figure for years. Most people don't seem to know that her brother Erik Prince is the founder of Blackwater so the family has definitely used political connections for gain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 01:28:02 am »
The niece of former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, Romney McDaniel has been a public backer of Trump since he won the primary in Michigan and urged Michigan Republicans to unite around the candidate after he won the presidential nomination.

Romney McDaniel, who has served as the state party chair since 2015, also coordinated with the Trump campaign to lead the efforts against the statewide recount request initiated by Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein. The recount began Monday, but was stopped Wednesday following orders from state and federal court.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/12/ronna_romney_mcdaniel_likely_p.html

Say what you will, she helped turned Michigan red.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 01:38:29 am »
Say what you will, she helped turned Michigan red.

I would certainly give her credit for that, she's only been in the Job 3 years and Michigan hasn't voted red since GHWB/88. 
  Also a big pat on the back for Kellyann Conway for pulling Trump over the Line, I knew she was good, she brought Cruz a long way, but I didn't think she was that good.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 01:44:55 am »

I would certainly give her credit for that, she's only been in the Job 3 years and Michigan hasn't voted red since GHWB/88. 
  Also a big pat on the back for Kellyann Conway for pulling Trump over the Line, I knew she was good, she brought Cruz a long way, but I didn't think she was that good.

The Michigan map has looked like this since 2009 and Romney didn't have anything to do with it. We passed right to work with no help from Trump or Romney.

A republican winning Michigan has been in the cards for a few years. The biggest help this time was a democrat marginally less likeable than the republican.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 02:10:48 am »
   @Cripplecreek

Snowing and feels like 15 in Grand Rapids and these brave souls go out in that to listen to Donald.
   Only my Lab would do that

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 02:24:12 am »
   @Cripplecreek

Snowing and feels like 15 in Grand Rapids and these brave souls go out in that to listen to Donald.
   Only my Lab would do that

And he informed the cheering morons about his next betrayal of them when he said he didn't care about convicting Clinton anymore that the election is over.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 02:31:30 am »
   Seems about 10 protesters (Bernie people, his words) were removed without getting the crap beat out of them, I see progress.  The election victory maybe mellowed them a bit.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 11:50:21 am »
Draining that swamp.