Author Topic: Boeing pledges $1 million for Donald Trump's inaugural events  (Read 889 times)

Offline corbe

Boeing pledges $1 million for Donald Trump's inaugural events
« on: December 09, 2016, 11:09:14 pm »

Boeing pledges $1 million for Donald Trump's inaugural events

Fredreka Schouten  , USA TODAY 3:51 p.m. EST December 9, 2016

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald Trump’s Twitter attack on Boeing isn’t keeping the aircraft builder from writing a big check to back his inaugural festivities.

The company already had committed $1 million to help underwrite inaugural events when Trump took aim at the manufacturer this week, according to a Boeing official familiar with the planning, who requested anonymity to speak frankly about the discussions.

The donation matches the amount Boeing gave to President Obama’s 2013 inauguration, Federal Election Commission records show.

On Tuesday, Trump lashed out at the manufacturing giant on Twitter and called for the government to cancel its deal with Boeing to develop the next generation of Air Force One, citing cost overruns.

“Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Cancel order!”

<..snip..>

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/12/08/boeing-pledges-1-million-donald-trumps-inaugural-events/95164604/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Boeing pledges $1 million for Donald Trump's inaugural events
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 11:13:40 pm »
   Apparently he tutored under one of the best NY Shakedowner's out there.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 11:29:04 pm »
   Apparently he tutored under one of the best NY Shakedowner's out there.

I do believe this type of contribution is SOP for inaugural events.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 11:34:15 pm »
I do believe this type of contribution is SOP for inaugural events.

Actually it is, @Right_in_Virginia I was making a joke trying to cover my hurt feelings that your guy won.
   Eventually, I may get over this, try and bear with me, the Good Lord knows I suffered through all the Trumpster crap for a year and a half.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 11:51:30 pm »
   Actually it is, @Right_in_Virginia I was making a joke trying to cover my hurt feelings that your guy won.
   Eventually, I may get over this, try and bear with me, the Good Lord knows I suffered through all the Trumpster crap for a year and a half.

:silly:

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 11:58:00 pm »

I appreciate your reply @corbe .  I know it really does hurt when a candidate of choice doesn't win.  Heaven knows I've lived through it many times --- nationally and locally. 

We all suffered through "crap" for more than a year, including "Trumpers".  This was a very brutal election cycle.  But, we've come through to the other side---and "my" guy is now "our" guy.

I hope you give Trump a chance and reach the point where you can see and acknowledge positive results from his election.  When I consider our future, I am filled with optimism --- I wish the same for you.   :beer:

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 12:02:43 am »
   Thank you for your condolences @Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 01:16:05 am »
   Thank you for your condolences @Right_in_Virginia

You're welcome @corbe   And I was also sincere in my hope that you'll give Trump a chance.   ^-^

geronl

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 02:16:57 am »
Smooching with Cronies.

In Trump-'s America you get ahead by buddying up to the President, not by working hard and pleasing customers

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 02:53:10 am »
Well now we know why he attacked Boeing the other day on Twitter.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 03:07:33 am »
I think this has something do do with Boeing's involvement with Iran's 'civilian' passenger jet fleet needing a redo...and that Boeing contributed millions...plural...to the Clinton Foundation shortly before attending the 'summit' meetings with Iran and the USA Sec of State.

They also paid Bill Clinton over $1Million, total, for a handful of speeches.

It would be a real shame if that were to make one of his tweets.

And of course, being told he was going to cancel the contract for $4.1 Billion for two AF-Ones, got their attention, too.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald