Author Topic: Reports: Giuliani no longer being considered for secretary of State  (Read 1120 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reports: Giuliani no longer being considered for secretary of State
By Harper Neidig - 12/09/16 03:15 PM EST

Rudy Giuliani is out of the running for the coveted secretary of State nomination for the incoming administration, according to multiple reports.

CNN reported that President-elect Donald Trump told the former New York City mayor that he had been removed from consideration for the job, while ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson is now leading the pack of candidates.

NBC also reported that Giuliani is no longer in the running.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/309720-reports-giuliani-no-longer-being-considered-for-secretary-of
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Reports: Giuliani no longer being considered for secretary of State
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 08:43:47 pm »
Can't wait for Season Two of "The Secretary of State", Donald Trump's new reality show.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 08:47:35 pm »
"Rudy Giuliani is out of the running for the coveted secretary of State nomination for the incoming administration, according to multiple reports."

This is a good thing.  The good mayor's "Use By date" expired a few years back.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 08:49:11 pm »
I'm glad Guiliani is out, but I'm not sure what Tillerson brings to the table.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 08:55:04 pm »

Giuliani may be 'America's Mayor' but to me he's just another NE Liberal.

Russia ties complicate Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson's prospects for secretary of state gig

WASHINGTON — Texas oilman Rex Tillerson was set to meet Tuesday with President-elect Donald Trump — a late entrant into the high-stakes jockeying for secretary of state, and one whose close ties to Russia have raised eyebrows.

As head of Exxon Mobil, the world's 8th largest company, Tillerson has plenty of negotiating experience and face time with world leaders -- though limited experience when it comes to the gamut of issues the nation's chief diplomat deals with.

He's under pressure for ties with Russian leader Vladimir Putin, especially given questions about the president-elect's outspoken admiration for the Russian strongman.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2016/12/06/russia-ties-complicate-exxon-ceo-rex-tillersons-prospects-trump-secretary-state-gig

Bolton, despite his Interventionist tendencies, would be the best IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 09:53:51 pm »

Jennifer Jacobs ‏@JenniferJJacobs 1m1 minute ago
Giuliani was "vetted by our team for any possible conflicts and passed with flying colors," says Priebus, Trump's White House chief of staff

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 09:56:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 12:00:51 am »
Giuliani knocks Romney, praises Bolton for State job

By Nikita Vladimirov - 12/09/16 06:53 PM EST

Rudy Giuliani on Friday praised John Bolton as a potential pick for secretary of State while pushing back on the possible selection of Mitt Romney.

Shortly after Trump's transition team announced Giuliani had withdrawn himself from consideration for the position, the former New York City mayor echoed concerns Trump loyalists Newt Gingrich and Mike Huckabee about Romney.

"I thought Mitt went over the line in the things that he said about Donald Trump
Rudy Giuliani said during an interview with Fox New's Neil Cavuto.

"The president-elect is going to make his decision, I will support that decision, but you know my advice would be Mitt went just a little too far. You can make friends and make up, but I would not see him as a candidate for the Cabinet."

When asked who he thought would be the best choice for secretary of State, Giuliani said that he preferred Bolton, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

“John [Bolton] would probably be my choice. I think John is terrific,” Giuliani said.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/309773-giuliani-knocks-romney-praises-bolton-for-state-job
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 01:55:01 am »
Perhaps I'm reading more into the quote by Giuliani than most; but I don't think he's being considered or taking the SOS position as it my pose a conflict of interest down the road.  I find what he stated very interesting:

"Before I joined the campaign I was very involved and fulfilled by my work with my law firm and consulting firm, and I will continue that work with even more enthusiasm." "From the vantage point of the private sector, I look forward to helping the President-elect in any way he deems necessary and appropriate."
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 02:07:59 am »
   How despicable that he trashed Romney.   Just another petty jackass kissing tRump's ring.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 05:02:35 am »
   How despicable that he trashed Romney.   Just another petty jackass kissing tRump's ring.

I thought so too.  Giuliani should join Hillary's basket of deplorables!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.