Author Topic: Nation’s oldest state-sponsored military college hides evidence it gave cadets coloring books  (Read 441 times)

rangerrebew

Nation’s oldest state-sponsored military college hides evidence it gave cadets coloring books
Greg Piper - Associate Editor •December 8, 2016
 81  74 Share0  0
coloring-shutterstock   

Some colleges really don’t want the public to know about the kiddie toys they give to adult students.

First it was the University of Michigan Law School that scrubbed its website of a post-election event hosted by its “embedded psychologist” that gave students coloring books and Play-Doh.

Now the Virginia Military Institute, the nation’s first state-sponsored military college, is hiding its own playtime activities for cadets.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/30304/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:30:06 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Can you imagine Ike or Patton walking on to the campus and witness students coloring because they were stressed out? ****slapping

Offline musiclady

No wonder they're hiding it.

This is shameful.  Let their Mommies and Daddies by their children coloring books.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
My wife does this. Keeps her calm in a time of great stress in our lives.

rangerrebew

My wife does this. Keeps her calm in a time of great stress in our lives.

Your wife doing is not the issue and is just fine.  The issue is these men and women are training to be warriors were stress and set backs are as common as anything else.  If they have to retreat, when stressed, to coloring books I can only imagine what another Battle of the Bulge would look like.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Your wife doing is not the issue and is just fine.  The issue is these men and women are training to be warriors were stress and set backs are as common as anything else.  If they have to retreat, when stressed, to coloring books I can only imagine what another Battle of the Bulge would look like.

Definitely agree with this. Grown military men and coloring books... the concept is so ridiculous.

Offline musiclady

They wouldn't want any coloring books with snow in them............................ or body parts. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.