Author Topic: U of I students chastise campus cops for finding stolen phone  (Read 370 times)

rangerrebew

U of I students chastise campus cops for finding stolen phone
« on: December 09, 2016, 03:22:39 pm »
U of I students chastise campus cops for finding stolen phone
Anthony Gockowski
Anthony Gockowski
Investigative Reporter
@AGockowski
on Dec 07, 2016 at 4:08 PM EDT

The University of Illinois Student Senate passed a resolution Monday calling for a review of campus police to ensure officers do not frighten students by doing their jobs.

In October, police recovered a stolen cell phone from a student after tracking it to a classroom on campus, prompting the professor to claim that they "terrified" students with their mere presence.

The culprit, however, admitted that purchasing the stolen phone was "wrong," and told officers that he did not feel "stereotyped" by the encounter.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8503
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:23:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: U of I students chastise campus cops for finding stolen phone
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 04:02:12 pm »

Easy does it, little snowflakes....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

geronl

Re: U of I students chastise campus cops for finding stolen phone
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 04:19:18 pm »
"Student government" is the most ridiculous thing ever