Author Topic: EDITORIAL: Public Schools: Not Education, but Social Engineering  (Read 544 times)

rangerrebew

December 9, 2016
Public Schools: Not Education, but Social Engineering
By E. Jeffrey Ludwig

Whenever we recall Book VII of Plato's Republic, the "Allegory of the Cave" that many of us studied in college, we remember that the chained population in the cave was always looking at shadows on the wall of the cave and mistakenly believed that those shadows were reality.  Shadows of unreality are being reflected today by the policies and practices of many school systems.  Vague talk about improving our schools, becoming more competitive globally, and opening doors of opportunity becomes rubrics that express "shadows" of the reality that managers of education are in fact implementing progressive – i.e., totalitarian – social engineering.

The implementation of this social engineering is closely tied to getting non-educators and inexperienced educators into the schools as teachers and administrators and getting older, experienced teachers and administrators out.  These younger individuals will not have the deep inculcation of educational values, those values of learning and of relationship established at the nexus of humanism and Judeo-Christian values.  They are persons who do not see and do not wish to see that curricular innovation, creativity, knowledge, teacher morale, school tone, the family of man, student character building, and caring and love of all for all (said list can be summed up as "the pursuit of happiness") are in direct opposition to and are the antidote for the social engineering agenda now sweeping the country.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/12/public_schools_not_education_but_social_engineering.html#ixzz4SLjvut4N
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 02:06:07 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: EDITORIAL: Public Schools: Not Education, but Social Engineering
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 02:17:46 pm »
I've said it before and will say it again; If I had my way there would be no such thing as a public (government) school!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 03:38:14 pm »
I've said it before and will say it again; If I had my way there would be no such thing as a public (government) school!

I have to believe if the founders thought a government public education were good for maintaining freedom, they would have made it part of the Constitution.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 04:21:17 pm »
Public education is the vanguard of the downfall of America

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 03:25:38 am »
ranger wrote:
"...if the founders thought a government public education were good for maintaining freedom..."

Well, "public education" (in much of the country) -was- good for that purpose, up until the end of the 1950's.

I can remember reciting The Lord's Prayer at the Weston (CT) elementary school each morning. Can you imagine such a scene today?