Author Topic: Egyptian archeologist unearths ‘place where God first spoke to Moses’  (Read 1258 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Egyptian archeologist unearths ‘place where God first spoke to Moses’

St. Catherine’s monastery has a bush that is believed to be the very burning bush which Christians revere that God first spoke to Moses. (Supplied)

Ashraf Abdelhamid, AlArabiya.net Friday, 9 December 2016

An Egyptian archeologist has reportedly unearthed the alleged place where God spoke to Moses and told him to “take off your shoes for you are standing on holy land.”

Mount Sharia in the monastery of St. Catherine in Sinai in Egypt is the place in question which Dr. Abdul Rahim Rayhan told to AlArabiya.Net he believes is where the message – found in the holy books of Christianity and Islam – was said to the prophet.

“All studies have confirmed that this is indeed the site where God manifested himself to Moses,” said Rayhan, the general manager of research, archaeological studies and scientific publishing in the Sinai.

According to his studies, St. Catherine’s monastery has a bush that is believed to be the very burning bush which Christians revere that God first spoke to Moses.

Read More At: https://english.alarabiya.net/en/features/2016/12/09/Egyptian-archeologist-unearths-place-where-God-spoke-to-Moses-.html
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:58:56 am by TomSea »

Online roamer_1

Re: Egyptian archeologist unearths ‘place where God first spoke to Moses’
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 04:09:24 am »
Sheesh!

He was in Midian, not Sinai.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 04:19:33 am »
Looks like there has been debate over where the real Mount Sinai was, in Midian I presume.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 04:31:05 am »
Looks like there has been debate over where the real Mount Sinai was, in Midian I presume.

The Bible says Sinai is in Arabia. Look into Jabal al Lawz

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 04:50:50 am »
An Egyptian archeologist has reportedly unearthed the alleged place where God spoke to Moses and told him to “take off your shoes for you are standing on holy land.”

Geez. So God was one of those people who made you take off your shoes before you went into his house? Was he Japanese?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 04:50:53 am »
Posting the story was a bit of a kneejerk reaction, I should have looked for other sources.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 04:51:14 am »

And BTW, The Bible also says Moses was in Midian where he spotted the burning bush... Living in the camp of a Midianite, remember?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 04:53:30 am »
Posting the story was a bit of a kneejerk reaction, I should have looked for other sources.

No worries - But I can say with more than fair accuracy that most of the famous pilgrimage sites do not line up with the Bible. Tourist traps.