Author Topic: Dem to Trump on House floor: ‘Stop tweeting’  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Dem to Trump on House floor: ‘Stop tweeting’
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 05:39:54 am »
I don't believe I have ever agreed with Rep. Jim McDermott on anything in the past.  I don't suppose I'll start today.

I'm counting on Trump's tweets for a few more minutes warning, before the warheads detonate.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:50:23 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 06:10:46 am »
“What we have right now is a president-elect running around the world with his [Twitter account] making statements that are disruptive and distraction for the American public,”

Running around the world you old piece of shit traitor? Donny hasn't gone anywhere. You have though. I recall you going directly into Baghdad to physically disrupt American foreign policy.

Keep Tweeting Donny. You have the feeble minded who think that a Tweet is the same as passing a law clutching their pearls and having the vapors.

Top Notch President Trump. Top Notch.

(This is officially my first praising of the incoming President)

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 06:11:11 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/309105-dem-to-trump-on-house-floor-stop-tweeting

That makes two of us. Trump is an utter embarassment.

The great uniter... I haven't agreed with a democrat in 30-40 years.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 10:53:22 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/309105-dem-to-trump-on-house-floor-stop-tweeting

That makes two of us. Trump is an utter embarassment.

Unfortunate but true.

Never thought I would see a clown like Hugo Chavez elected president of the USA but here we are.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 12:25:53 pm »
I agree Trump should stop tweeting.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 12:28:05 pm »
I agree Trump should stop tweeting.

Its a simple matter.

Just because he can respond doesn't mean he should.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 12:30:32 pm »
Its a simple matter.

Exactly. He doesn't even need to. He should have people who can defend his policies and statements. I'm not saying he should be like bush and just take it.

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 01:52:26 pm »
Its a simple matter.

He has the right to remain silent. But not the ability.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 02:10:33 pm »

Exactly. He doesn't even need to. He should have people who can defend his policies and statements. I'm not saying he should be like bush and just take it.

Conservatives as a whole need to learn to prioritize our outrage and stop giving liberals the attention they seek over every little dumb comment.

When an actor says he or she will leave the country if so and so is elected we know they won't and they know they won't.  That leaves attention seeking as the only reason for the comment and we aren't terribly bright for giving them the attention they seek. If we stop giving the idiots attention, the media will eventually lose interest as well.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 02:21:17 pm »
My apologies for the brief thread jack...but it's funny I find myself reading this article on the day that I have to give a briefing to the Brigade Staff and one of our subordinate Battalion's on....

*wait for it*

Responsible use of Social Media.

:silly:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:21:41 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline beandog

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 02:45:10 pm »
“What we have right now is a president-elect running around the world with his [Twitter account] making statements that are disruptive and distraction for the American public,”

Running around the world you old piece of shit traitor? Donny hasn't gone anywhere. You have though. I recall you going directly into Baghdad to physically disrupt American foreign policy.

Keep Tweeting Donny. You have the feeble minded who think that a Tweet is the same as passing a law clutching their pearls and having the vapors.

Top Notch President Trump. Top Notch.

(This is officially my first praising of the incoming President)
:amen:
 I love that his tweets get people's panties in a bunch. :silly:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 03:06:43 pm »
My apologies for the brief thread jack...but it's funny I find myself reading this article on the day that I have to give a briefing to the Brigade Staff and one of our subordinate Battalion's on....

*wait for it*

Responsible use of Social Media.

:silly:

Good luck with your briefing. You're bringing back fond memories of my long-ago days in Germany...how long ago? Let me put it this way, my battalion was deactivated in the 90s...lol.

My last two years was spent in the Battalion S-4 shop, first as an Assistant S-4 & PBO (filled in for six months as the incoming warrant had his transfer delayed), then as S-4. I was a PITA as S-4, lol. I was only a 1LT, but I'd argue with Group & 32nd AADCOM S-4/G-4 every chance I got. I was uniquely qualified for the position: had been with the battalion for 3 years before extending, bachelors degree in public accounting, and that six months as PBO was icing on the cake. The old man backed me to the hilt, one of the best jobs I ever had.

At one staff outbriefing, I even got into it with the Group Commander over the state of financial accountability of my battalion. We had been inspected by a butterbar, and she intimidated my Spec 4 (I was elsewhere, in a mission briefing), and he didn't answer her questions like she wanted. So she reported to the Group Cdr that things were FUBAR, boy I was pi$$ed. The moment they left, I called the Group S-4, and lit into him for about 15 minutes...he knew that we had things under control. Next day, the old man called me into his office, and with a sly grin, told me the Group Cdr called to apologize.

The Battalion Cdr and I arrived back at Fort Bliss about the same time. By a stroke of good fortune, I bumped into him, and he offered me the chance to work for him again...in an O-5 slot.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:07:22 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 03:08:10 pm »
Conservatives as a whole need to learn to prioritize our outrage and stop giving liberals the attention they seek over every little dumb comment.

When an actor says he or she will leave the country if so and so is elected we know they won't and they know they won't.  That leaves attention seeking as the only reason for the comment and we aren't terribly bright for giving them the attention they seek. If we stop giving the idiots attention, the media will eventually lose interest as well.

Conservatives believe they are thinking with their gut when in reality they're just reacting to the gas they have from the crap they're eating.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 03:10:52 pm »

Conservatives believe they are thinking with their gut when in reality they're just reacting to the gas they have from the crap they're eating.

Yeah, and maybe Trump should give up all that fast food and eat healthier.   :beer:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.