Author Topic: Trump BASHES union boss for contradicting him on jobs saved in Carrier deal  (Read 978 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:12:51 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
My great grandmother taught me to let things slide.

If I whined about a real or perceived insult granny suggested that it must be true or I could ignore it.

Offline Applewood

Shame on Mr. Jones for ruining Trump's PR moment. 

Offline Suppressed

Shame on Mr. Jones for ruining Trump's PR moment.

Yup...

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." --John Adams
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

If you watch the CNN interview with union thug Chuck Jones, Jones admits American jobs were saved with a phone call and a handshake and Jones nearly thanks Trump for getting involved.   
Some working Americans are going to have a better Christmas because of Trump's deal...I'm not sure I care that much if it is crony capitalism or a one off deal...it will probably look better to more American, than the nothing that the United Steelworkers Union got for it's members

If United Steelworkers 1999 was any good, they would have kept those jobs in Indiana. Spend more time working-less time talking. Reduce dues 

I like anti-union Trump.

geronl

Trump is a thin-skinned whiny crybaby

Offline Applewood

If you watch the CNN interview with union thug Chuck Jones, Jones admits American jobs were saved with a phone call and a handshake and Jones nearly thanks Trump for getting involved.   
Some working Americans are going to have a better Christmas because of Trump's deal...I'm not sure I care that much if it is crony capitalism or a one off deal...it will probably look better to more American, than the nothing that the United Steelworkers Union got for it's members

I like anti-union Trump.

The fact is that while some jobs are staying in the US, some are not.  Trump had tried to give the impression that ALL jobs were saved.  Mr. Jones exposed the lie and now Trump is pizzed.

By the way, I'm fiercely anti-union myself.  Never worked under one, and never needed it.  My arrangement with my employers was simple -- I do my job, I get paid.  If I hadn't done my job, I would have been  fired.  Fair enough.  Benefits are fine, but honestly, I didn't expect  or demand them.  I still had decent benefits without unions.  Where I live, unions dominate everything, particularly politics, and I resent them.   They are greedy and seem to exist solely to protect the lazy and incompetent.  Worse -- they continue to perpetrate rules and policies that strangle business, rape workers and taxpayers, and destroy entire cities, regions and states.

But in this situation, Mr. Jones was right to tell the real story and should be applauded for doing so.  We certainly weren't going to get the facts from Trump.

geronl

If you watch the CNN interview with union thug Chuck Jones, Jones admits American jobs were saved with a phone call and a handshake

and a crony $7 million bribe

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
It is not that he is anti-Union.  It is that he is self-centered and expects everyone to worship him or he will bash them.  Big difference.

Agreed, Trump is most definitely not anti union. Its who he has pandered to all along with his economic ideas that were left of Clinton and into Sanders territory.