Author Topic: Federal judge halts Michigan election recount  (Read 754 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Federal judge halts Michigan election recount
« on: December 08, 2016, 01:02:21 am »
After a lawyer urged him not to stick  taxpayers with a $5 million recount tab, a federal judge on Wednesday dissolved his earlier decision and halted the hand-recount of 4.8 million ballots that were cast for president in Michigan.

The controversial issue, however, is far from over as an appeal will follow.

U.S. District Judge Mark Goldsmith issued his written opinion late Wednesday, several hours after hearing arguments about whether a recount in Michigan is warranted or not.

More:  http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2016/12/07/federal-judge-halts-michigan-election-recount/95110008/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:02:41 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Federal judge halts Michigan election recount
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 01:05:58 am »
The Michigan Court of Appeals ruled that Green Party candidate Jill Stein has no standing to seek a recount because she has no chance of winning. She came in fourth place, with 1% of the vote.

Exactly. This would be a huge waste of money for the state.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 01:09:11 am »
The Michigan Court of Appeals ruled that Green Party candidate Jill Stein has no standing to seek a recount because she has no chance of winning. She came in fourth place, with 1% of the vote.

Exactly. This would be a huge waste of money for the state.

Oh yeah.  That'll stop 'em.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 01:10:37 am »
Now they need to turn around and make Stein pay the full cost of the legal rodeo.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 01:12:27 am »
Now they need to turn around and make Stein pay the full cost of the legal rodeo.

@Cripplecreek I was hoping you'd punch in.  You're on the ground, is this it?  How's my old hometown doing?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 01:15:12 am »
@Cripplecreek I was hoping you'd punch in.  You're on the ground, is this it?  How's my old hometown doing?

Albion used to be a working class town with a large population of working class blacks but its gone ghetto on the west side.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 01:26:01 am »
Albion used to be a working class town with a large population of working class blacks but its gone ghetto on the west side.

It was always ghetto on the west side.
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 01:56:35 am »
Stein is a disgrace; whatever she was trying to accomplish has pretty much failed.  She made a complete fool out of herself. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 02:07:58 am »
After a lawyer urged him not to stick  taxpayers with a $5 million recount tab, a federal judge on Wednesday dissolved his earlier decision and halted the hand-recount of 4.8 million ballots that were cast for president in Michigan.

The controversial issue, however, is far from over as an appeal will follow.

U.S. District Judge Mark Goldsmith issued his written opinion late Wednesday, several hours after hearing arguments about whether a recount in Michigan is warranted or not.

More:  http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2016/12/07/federal-judge-halts-michigan-election-recount/95110008/
Personally, I thought these recounts would be a window into the Democrat corruption that everybody on these threads and TOS has been accusing them doing. Why is this a good thing to stop? Trump is not going to lose. Let the counting proceed.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 02:18:11 am »