Author Topic: Boehner: 'Thank God' I wasn't in the middle of election  (Read 1408 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Boehner: 'Thank God' I wasn't in the middle of election
« on: December 07, 2016, 08:24:28 pm »
By Mallory Shelbourne - 12/07/16 01:52 PM EST

Former Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) says he is thankful he did not have to deal with the 2016 elections.

"Every day I'd watch it and was like, 'Thank God I'm not in the middle of this,'" Boehner tells WCPO in Cincinnati in an exclusive interview set to air Wednesday night. "It was the most bizarre political year that we've seen in 100 years."

Boehner said in October that he planned to vote for then-GOP nominee Donald Trump.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/309246-boehner-thank-god-i-wasnt-in-the-middle-of-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Boehner: 'Thank God' I wasn't in the middle of election
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 08:24:56 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 08:26:58 pm »
I do, too, John.  I do, too.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 09:39:50 pm »
'Thank God I'm not in the middle of this,'" Boehner tells WCPO in Cincinnati in an exclusive interview set to air Wednesday night.

I agree. I am very thankful that a career suck up who wasn't bothered by obamacare being imposed on me as long as he was excluded is not in the middle of the new admn.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 10:07:00 pm »
Wasn't he one of Trump's biggest supporters during the primary? He helped encourage this!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 10:47:25 pm »
John and Don. Two oranges in a pod. Brothers from another muther.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 10:50:14 pm »
Wasn't he one of Trump's biggest supporters during the primary? He helped encourage this!

Maybe not a big supporter but he made it clear that he preferred Trump over Cruz for some reason.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 10:57:31 pm »
Maybe not a big supporter but he made it clear that he preferred Trump over Cruz for some reason.

Sen. Cruz, a couple of times, upset his applecart through the House Freedom Caucus.
  Boehner never forgave him for that. 
  I'd say that was one of the reasons, Boehner gave up and quit so abruptly.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 11:07:05 pm »
  Sen. Cruz, a couple of times, upset his applecart through the House Freedom Caucus.
  Boehner never forgave him for that. 
  I'd say that was one of the reasons, Boehner gave up and quit so abruptly.

I remember well.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 11:23:37 pm »
   Ryan made sure he wouldn't suffer the same fate by defanging the Freedom Caucus with Campaign donations and plush assignments, which is what they wanted/needed all along.
   Ted's influence in the House has been greatly diminished under Ryan.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 02:27:37 am »
Dec 7, 12:33 PM EST
Ex-House Speaker Boehner compares Trump to Teddy Roosevelt

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Former U.S. House Speaker John Boehner sees President-elect Donald Trump as a modern-day Teddy Roosevelt, a populist who wants to do "big things."

The Ohio Republican told WCPO.com in Cincinnati (http://bit.ly/2hhKRqQ ) that Trump is similar to Roosevelt, the 26th president, because he's "another guy who saw himself larger than life." He said Trump doesn't want to just "trim around the edges" as president.

"If you look at what Teddy Roosevelt did, he came in to do big things," Boehner said. "I think Donald Trump wants to do big things."

He said Trump understands the need to work in a bipartisan manner. But he added that Trump also can leverage his populist appeal.

"Trump will take his case to the American people," Boehner said. He said the New York businessman won the GOP nomination and then defeated Democrat Hillary Clinton "because he actually understood what the American people were thinking, and what a majority of them were feeling.

"If I were Trump and I were going to try to do something big, I'd take my case right to the American people, let the American people put pressure on their representatives," Boehner said.

He said Trump doesn't bring a traditional ideology to the White House and is "kind of a Republican, and he's kind of a Democrat."

snip

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BOEHNER_TRUMP?SITE=MYPSP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-12-07-12-33-31

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 02:33:44 am »
Dec 7, 12:33 PM EST
Ex-House Speaker Boehner compares Trump to Teddy Roosevelt

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Former U.S. House Speaker John Boehner sees President-elect Donald Trump as a modern-day Teddy Roosevelt, a populist who wants to do "big things."

TR was a scumbag progressive who was a founding member of THE PROGRESSIVE PARTY. Some of the big things he wanted to do were among the worst things we ever did like direct election of senators (17th amendment) he also supported the national popular vote, A National Health Service, minimum wage laws, Social insurance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Party_(United_States,_1912)

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 02:47:11 am »
   Ryan made sure he wouldn't suffer the same fate by defanging the Freedom Caucus with Campaign donations and plush assignments, which is what they wanted/needed all along.
   Ted's influence in the House has been greatly diminished under Ryan.

IMHO, Ted's time is coming!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 02:48:51 am »
   Teddy was born in NY also, right down the street from Donald and as bad as he was, and in spite of his Nobel Prize, his inbred cousin FDR brought this Country to it's knees.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 04:47:13 am »
By Mallory Shelbourne - 12/07/16 01:52 PM EST

Former Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) says he is thankful he did not have to deal with the 2016 elections.

"Every day I'd watch it and was like, 'Thank God I'm not in the middle of this,'" Boehner tells WCPO in Cincinnati in an exclusive interview set to air Wednesday night. "It was the most bizarre political year that we've seen in 100 years."

Boehner said in October that he planned to vote for then-GOP nominee Donald Trump.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/309246-boehner-thank-god-i-wasnt-in-the-middle-of-election

Has Boehner ever been in the middle of anything?  Or stood up for anything the slightest bit controversial?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 04:50:05 am »
Boner who?