Author Topic: Obama Admin. Blocks Dakota Access Pipeline Months After Approving It  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/04/obama-admin-blocks-dakota-access-pipeline-months-after-approving-it/
Obama Admin. Blocks Dakota Access Pipeline Months After Approving It
Michael Bastasch
6:08 PM 12/04/2016
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will not be granting the company building the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) the easement it needs to cross the Missouri River, despite the project being nearly complete.

American Indians and environmentalists camped out at the project’s construction site hailed the decision a victory, while Energy Transfer Partners and pipeline supporters are bashing the Corps for reversing its stance on the project.

Army Assistant Secretary for Civil Works Jo-Ellen Darcy said the Corps would not approve the easement based on the need “explore alternate routes” for the pipeline. It’s a stunning reversal from July 2016, when the Corps approved the easement for the project.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/04/obama-admin-blocks-dakota-access-pipeline-months-after-approving-it/#ixzz4S3uTBE2C

http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/04/obama-admin-blocks-dakota-access-pipeline-months-after-approving-it/

See Also: http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/06/the-protests-over-the-dakota-access-pipeline-explained/

http://standingrockfactchecker.org/standing-rock-sioux-chairman-continues-spread-falsities-surrounding-dakota-access/

and http://mwalliancenow.org/news/dakota-access-pipeline-protesters-standing/
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 01:01:46 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Obama Admin. Blocks Dakota Access Pipeline Months After Approving It
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 01:22:25 pm »
"exploring alternate routes"?

What a crock.  The Corps already said "The Corps concluded once again “that its previous decisions” regarding Dakota Access Pipeline's proposed crossing at the Lake Oahe site “comported with legal requirements.”

This is outright bigotry.

I fervently hope once this Obamaite is replaced at the Corps that the original line is quickly approved so it can be finished.

The Obama infection has spread even to the Army it seems.  We just need to ensure the disease is rooted out and all infected elements are removed.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 02:20:18 pm »
I fervently hope once this Obamaite is replaced at the Corps that the original line is quickly approved so it can be finished.

The Obama infection has spread even to the Army it seems.  We just need to ensure the disease is rooted out and all infected elements are removed.

I agree. Unfortunately, from this morning's news, while some are leaving, more protesters are moving in because "They don't trust the Government".  :silly: :silly:

Considering they have been the masters of the forked tongue, the protesters probably shouldn't. The issue isn't over, by any means, and Winter is here. According to the news report (KUMV) this AM there were as many as 10,000 people on that patch of Corps land next to the water. Is the same Corps of Engineers who wouldn't let a half dozen people go swimming off a beach on Lake Sakakawea? Who were keeping their 'mess' cleaned up and going home that evening?

Letting more people than most County Seats have in North Dakota camp out indefinitely?

Yep. Hopefully Trump will sort things out at the ACOE, we'll see.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 02:24:05 pm »
I think the most irritating thing about this are the claims the pipeline crosses indian land.

It doesn't, its an easement near indian land.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 02:44:47 pm »
I think the most irritating thing about this are the claims the pipeline crosses indian land.

It doesn't, its an easement near indian land.
There are a lot of lies surrounding the issue, and pretty much on one side. The next to last link in the OP has some of them.

Great Half-White 'father' has no monopoly on the forked tongue gig.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 03:13:40 pm »
Obama is just being a populist, like Trump. Trump may be doing the same thing. This is what happens when you have no principles.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 11:42:01 pm »
Yep. Hopefully Trump will sort things out at the ACOE, we'll see.

My belief is that the new President will look at the business end and much, much less than the political end as this 'protest' is about.

It is really, really stupid for these idiots to be protesting in ND.  The weather is definitely less hospitable than that of Southern CA.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

debrawiest

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 03:08:13 am »

It is really, really stupid for these idiots to be protesting in ND.  The weather is definitely less hospitable than that of Southern CA.

Not just inhospitable, it's life-threatening.