Author Topic: Why conservatives are politically homeless  (Read 6674 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why conservatives are politically homeless
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2016, 06:49:15 pm »
The federal department of education is a 100% pure political patronage den that should be done away with immediately!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2016, 06:50:41 pm »
The federal department of education is a 100% pure political patronage den that should be done away with immediately!

That and the DoE... will GOP have the balls to finally get rid of them?

geronl

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2016, 07:08:19 pm »
Now it has literally become no more than one half of the Uniparty.

There is no place out there for values voters...... either political or ethical.

I agree

geronl

« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2016, 07:10:38 pm »

I want a technocrat that will reduce the scope of the DoE to it's original mandate... and make sure that the federal funds to land-grant universities are paid out.  That's about it.

Stop paying it out, too. No more $$$ from the taxpayers.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2016, 07:44:35 pm »

That and the DoE... will GOP have the balls to finally get rid of them?

One can only hope!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2016, 08:21:25 pm »
The New Americana is an obscure website without much traffic compared to say Townhall and so on. The author can have sour grapes, that website has been anti-Trump from the start.

I'm glad Trump won and Clinton lost.

@TomSea

Me too,but I would be glad if Clinton lost if she had been running against a candidate named Satan. In a head to head contest,I'm fairly certain she would defeat him in a contest to determine who is the most evil.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2016, 08:24:52 pm »
For me, the Constitutional rights of born citizens trump the "rights" of non-viable fetuses.   That doesn't mean I don't think abortion is wrong.   I think it is.   But a woman's right to self-determination must be paramount, as a legal matter. That leaves plenty of room for folks of faith to persuade and support women who do the right thing.  But the state's role must be to guarantee the Constitutional rights of (born) citizens.

@Jazzhead

I couldn't agree more.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2016, 08:27:24 pm »
Funny thing about DeVos is the way her husband was attacked as a moderate RINO by FR conservatives when he ran for governor of Michigan. Its safe to say tat she would have been in the same boat if she had run for the office.

They are very politically connected and are insiders by way of those connections. For instance, her brother is Erik Prince who founded Blackwater. She's probably more connected than her husband.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betsy_DeVos

@Cripplecreek

If Erik Prince is her brother,she is as plugged into the system as a Mass Kennedy. Maybe even more,since they all seem to be out of office now.

Not positive that is a bad thing by definition,but it does make me nervous.

Offline bilo

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2016, 08:51:11 pm »
But if the issue is "Trumpism", then they haven't actually done anything yet.  If they start writing/passing a whole bunch of non-conservative legislation, then sure.  But until then, it seems like a lot of premature clutching at pearls.  Supporting Trump after the election can be just as indicative of building relationships to restrain Trump's non-conservative impulses as it is of wholesale support of this agenda.

Maybe we should wait until the vessel takes some actual hits below the waterline before yelling "abandon ship!"

:amen:

It seems like most neverTrumpers are still caught up in campaign mode, "anything and everything he does is wrong". Lets give it time. So far Trump has made some great appointments and the Pub leadership seems to be ready to go with a lot of well thought out things.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2016, 09:06:41 pm »
@Cripplecreek

If Erik Prince is her brother,she is as plugged into the system as a Mass Kennedy. Maybe even more,since they all seem to be out of office now.

Not positive that is a bad thing by definition,but it does make me nervous.

Betsy DeVos has been a national RNC official which is just as much of an insider as Reince Priebus. Short of not having held high profile seats like governor or congressman, the DeVos family is probably more connected than the Romney family.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2016, 09:14:31 pm »
Me too,but I would be glad if Clinton lost if she had been running against a candidate named Satan.

Yeah, but too bad Miroslav wasn't eligible.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

HonestJohn

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2016, 09:21:49 pm »
Yeah, but too bad Miroslav wasn't eligible.

Satan?

That's not Satan.

This is Satan.

And here are his adoring fans.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2016, 09:22:58 pm »
I'm not politically homeless.

I've just got a bunch of liberal squatters thinking they can redefine conservatism to whatever Trump says it is.

They won't stay.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2016, 09:53:06 pm »
Betsy DeVos has been a national RNC official which is just as much of an insider as Reince Priebus. Short of not having held high profile seats like governor or congressman, the DeVos family is probably more connected than the Romney family.

@Cripplecreek

That is definitely not a good thing. It was the influential insiders that hijacked the "party of Reagan" and turned it into the "party of Dim Lite".

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2016, 05:02:00 pm »
@Night Hides Not  :beer:

It's a start... :beer:

Heck, I had a thread closed over at the Zag hoops board. I posted a poll after Gonzaga thumped Washington on Wednesday night, asking who would leave office first: Obama or Romar (UW coach). The mods closed the thread because it became too political.  The libs thought for sure that I posted the thread because I was on the Trump Train, and I was rubbing their noses in it. One lib wanted the thread pulled before neofascism arrives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

22222frying pan
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.