Author Topic: Obamacare RIP: Republicans Finally Have a Plan  (Read 416 times)

rangerrebew

Obamacare RIP: Republicans Finally Have a Plan
« on: December 02, 2016, 05:02:13 pm »
Obamacare RIP: Republicans Finally Have a Plan
REUTERS/Nate Chute

By Edward Morrissey
December 1, 2016

Powered by

Two days after the election, President-elect Donald Trump met with outgoing president Barack Obama to start planning the transition. Until then, the Republican successor to the White House had adamantly insisted that the Affordable Care Act (ACA) had to be repealed on day one of his administration. After an afternoon with Obama, Trump appeared to back down a little from that campaign promise.

“I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that,” Trump said of the discussion the two had about the future of the ACA. “Either Obamacare will be amended, or repealed and replaced.” Conservatives began to fret that Trump would settle for tweaking the ACA around the edges, particularly when he talked about keeping a few of the more popular components of the program. Republicans in Congress renewed their pledge to send a repeal quickly to the White House in the next session and said they expected Trump to sign it, even while some wondered whether it remained a priority.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2016/12/01/Obamacare-RIP-Republicans-Finally-Have-Plan
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:02:57 pm by rangerrebew »