Author Topic: BuzzFeed Wants To Destroy Chip And Joanna Gaines For Being Christian And Wildly Popular  (Read 481 times)

rangerrebew

BuzzFeed Wants To Destroy Chip And Joanna Gaines For Being Christian And Wildly Popular
Chip and Joanna, HGTV superstars and perhaps America’s most beloved married couple, belong to a church whose pastor preaches that homosexuality is sinful. Horrors.
Hans Fiene
By Hans Fiene
December 1, 2016

“People who give their kids weird names are unsophisticated morons,” I thought to myself when I was 23 years old and busy substitute-teaching a class full of kids named Brysalynn and Traxton. “Clearly these parents have no regard for honorable saints and heroes from the Bible and world history, which is why their kids don’t have respectable names like Anna or William. Clearly these parents have no love for the culture of their ancestors, which is why their kids are probably named after some organic vinegar bathroom scrub their parents picked up at Whole Foods. I have absolutely nothing in common with people this vapid, so clearly I could never be friends with someone who would name a kid something dumb.”

Then, a few years later, one of my closest friends had a kid and named him something dumb. At the moment of said dumb-named kid’s entrance into this world, two options stood before me. Option A: I was wrong about baby names, and it was, in fact, possible to be an interesting, intelligent person while also being sweet on absurd baby monikers. Option B: Despite having a mountain of evidence that my friend was interesting and intelligent, this was all a ruse and he had been a moron the entire time.

https://thefederalist.com/2016/12/01/buzzfeed-wants-destroy-chip-joanna-gaines-christian-wildly-popular/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:18:00 pm by rangerrebew »