Author Topic: Hillary Clinton blew the most winnable election in modern American history.  (Read 19331 times)

Offline musiclady

Not wanting to fight with you or anyone else here musiclady, but I have bolded some of your remarks above.  The ones where you deny targeting me with your inappropriate insults about Trump supporters making Trump "their god".  Anyone can read them for themselves and arrive at their own conclusions as to whether you were referring to me or not.  I will repost your earlier quote in full: 

As anyone can see - your remarks here on this thread absolutely are referring to me and @flowers , a person would have to be willfully blind not to see that.  And yet, in your last post here - you are attempting to deny that.  ???

Lastly, I am NOT in hiding.  I don't post here very often anymore because this is largely an anti-Trump site and I am very much pro-Trump.  This is not a very enjoyable site for me anymore - it used to be my internet home, a place I posted in every day and where I made many friends and enjoyed a nice camaraderie.  Now....not so much.  I'm not into being insulted if I can avoid it.

And don't worry about me - dear person who was once a friend of mine, but decided to abandon our friendship because of my political support for someone you don't like - I'm living the life I choose, a happy, content and peaceful life!  I have so much thankfulness in my heart because I know that America will not be controlled by evil social engineers much longer.  I won't waste my days defending my beliefs to people that claim to know what is in my heart and who I worship.  Life is too short to spend time doing such things. 

Not in hiding in the least!  Enjoying days of serenity and astonishment at the glory of God - and that's God with a capital "G".  Deny it if you want, it's all here in black and white for everyone to see and draw their own conclusions.

Last point, you said, "If I had a nickel for every time a Trump lover called me "sanctimonious," "judgmental," "arrogant," or the like, I'd be the richest woman on earth." - have you ever stopped to wonder why that is so?  Why so many people have said those things about you?  Maybe the next time you are on your knees, humbling yourself before God (the same God I worship), you might honestly and sincerely ask why people keep saying these things to you.  I hope you ask this with a sincere heart - I know that if you do, you will come to a moment of self-enlightenment.

None of us are perfect by any means - believe me, I've had to have that same conversation with God, hopefully we all have.  It is how we grow as Christians. 

Shalom.

What I said specifically about you on this thread was that you used to be someone I could discuss issues with, with whom I had a great deal of agreement.  Then came Trump and you changed.  Everything said against Trump, you interpreted as an insult to you personally.  I tried over and over to clarify, but you wanted to be offended that I was including you and insulting you, when I wasn't.  Ever.

That's clearly what you have done here in your use of the word "targeting."

What I am actually doing is expressing sorrow that an evil man like Donald Trump came between our internet relationship and changed you into someone who could not discuss things any more.

I have not "wondered" why people have called me "sanctimonious."  It is a typical verbal barb coming from people who are stung by the fact that they have changed ethical positions to support a politician who does not believe what they believe.  I refused to make excuses for Trump's misogyny and debasing of women, his absolutely amoral lifestyle, his betraying of his wives, his rampant, unrepentant adultery, and that bugs people who have decided to ignore that for some other cause.

I have said repeatedly that character matters, and those of you who no longer believe that, or who never believed that are mad at me and call me stupid names.

So be it.

That said, I miss being able to talk with you, @alicewonders .  I hope your devotion to Trump at some point becomes more realistic as to how deeply flawed he is, and that you realize that those of us opposing him are not arrogant, but rather expressing a humility that says that God's laws supercede our own political goals and heroes.  It is God's law that determines the values that many of us hold, not political expedience.

I just pray that this country can survive the next four years, and that the God we BOTH worship will have mercy on a nation who has chosen such a faulty, arrogant unrepentant sinner to "lead" us.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Do you even know how to convince others of the benefits of Trump?

You take his positions and argue how they will actually be beneficial!  That's how.

Why haven't you tried that?  (And no, you don't get to claim you did, as anyone can see any poster's entire posting history... and you don't have that under your posting belt.)

Well?

That's a strawman argument @HonestJohn .   But you know that.

@alicewonders has been among the many of us who have answered this bogus question many times throughout the primaries and the general election.  You've proven you have no interest in doing anything other than diminishing both the President-elect and his supporters.

If you want to keep your game alive, you'll need to come up with a better angle than this strawman    888blackhat

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

@alicewonders has been among the many of us who have answered this bogus question many times throughout the primaries and the general election.  You've proven you have no interest in doing anything other than diminishing both the President-elect and his supporters.

If you want to keep your game alive, you'll need to come up with a better angle than this strawman    888blackhat

How is that a strawman?

Online Lando Lincoln

Mr. Trump has his work cut out for himself - not the least of which are steep learning curves on multiple fronts.  I pray he does well.  But here is the thing whether you like him or not, support him or not:

By the mid-term election cycle of 2018, a good many of us will have changed our minds about the guy.  I know which way I hope that judgment tilts two years hence. 

Meanwhile, I will comment for ill or for good based on what I observe, believe, and know. 

Today's discussion?  Too early.  Too old.  Too tedious.  Too petty.

The guy won.  He will be my President.  Yours too.  I wish we could see it. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Oceander

How is that a strawman?

Because she says it is.  Just like a Trumpist.  Or humpty-dumpty. 

HonestJohn

Actually, I looked through her posts for the last six months.  There was no explanations as to Trump positions and why/how they would be beneficial to America.

Now, what does your post make you?

Oceander

Mr. Trump has his work cut out for himself - not the least of which are steep learning curves on multiple fronts.  I pray he does well.  But here is the thing whether you like him or not, support him or not:

By the mid-term election cycle of 2018, a good many of us will have changed our minds about the guy.  I know which way I hope that judgment tilts two years hence. 

Meanwhile, I will comment for ill or for good based on what I observe, believe, and know. 

Not mine.  I may have to suffer him, but I don't own him. 

Offline libertybele

Alternate reality.  She blew the only chance she had to win: against Trump.  She would have had a guaranteed loss against almost any of the other GOP primary participants.

At this point in considering what has happened I'm not so sure.  Regardless of what Hillary does she is never held accountable yet, she won the popular vote.  She's an old politician with deep pockets and deep political connections; both foreign and domestic. With those connections comes power.  It is that political power and her money that almost won her the election.  The only one on the GOP side that had pockets deep enough and connections deep enough to beat her was Trump.  IWith that being said, I think it is absolutely astonishing that Cruz made it as far as he did.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Lando Lincoln

True enough.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Well said, Lando!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I have a problem discussing another member when they are not logged in to speak for them self...please remember that.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

I have a problem discussing another member when they are not logged in to speak for them self...please remember that.

General agreement myst.  I love your avatar, btw.  It is my reminder...
John Steinbeck

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Actually, @Cyber Liberty, I think @alicewonders absolutely appreciates Trump's win is a win for all--the entire nation.

I think she's simply saying it's time for those who did not support Trump's candidacy to let go of old battles, stop the knee-jerk reactions to everything Trump--including to those who did support his candidacy--and come onboard the Trump Train. 

Trump's victory is a win-win for all--and we'll get more accomplished for the good of this nation pooling our energies rather than wasting this resource on battles now over.

She (and others) are smearing people who are not Never Trumps by calling them losers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

Bill Clinton was my President too, and I feel pretty much the same way now that I did in 1992.

I could not support a man completely devoid of character at all levels....... either Bill or Donald.

He may do a thing or two that I like, but my fundamental disagreement with who he is as a person will never change because it's what I've believed my entire life.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

She (and others) are smearing people who are not Never Trumps by calling them losers.

The problem with calling people who opposed Trump "losers" is that it carries with it the implication that any of us were for Hillary, and that had she won we would be "winners."

It's part of the repeated lie about non-Trumpers that they just won't let go.

We are not "losers," because neither candidate deserved our support nor our desire to have "win." 

Of course Trump loyalists will never admit that they are perpetuating a lie by calling us "losers," but that is exactly what they are doing.

And you are right.  It is a nasty smear.

@alicewonders
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:46:43 pm by musiclady »

Offline Night Hides Not

I have a suggestion: how about a separate place in the Members' Only section for these seemingly never ending pi$$ing contests between assorted characters. We could call it The Urinal, and the players could go at it ad nauseum.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Carry on...   ****slapping
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I have a suggestion: how about a separate place in the Members' Only section for these seemingly never ending pi$$ing contests between assorted characters. We could call it The Urinal, and the players could go at it ad nauseum.

Not necessarily a bad idea...

Offline musiclady

I will always carry with me the satisfaction that I can tell my daughters and granddaughters that I did not vote for a man who thinks of them as no more than a piece of meat, or property.

I will go to my grave happily knowing that I did not ever vote for a liberal, or a moral degenerate.

Trump is now the President-elect of the United States, but I bear no responsibility in whatever disaster awaits us because of his mental and emotional disease.

If he accidentally does something that isn't disastrous, I won't be able to take credit for it, but I'm OK with that.

@Oceander

Offline musiclady

How did the post by @musiclady apply to anyone but alicewonders?

This sounds more like someone subconsciously taking a post to another and applying it to themselves.  That tends to happen when the reader thinks that the post is actually applicable to oneself.

As I happened to read LFL's post in your quote, I am amused that he is still smarting from my putting him on Ignore and is projecting all sorts of evil on me because his poor widdew feelings got hurt after he went bonkers in a post.

That said, he's the only trumpist I've had to put on Ignore since the election, while I've taken many off.

Several may never come off, and LfL is most likely one of them.  I now see that he's still not worth the read.

Online Lando Lincoln

Bill Clinton was my President too, and I feel pretty much the same way now that I did in 1992.

I could not support a man completely devoid of character at all levels....... either Bill or Donald.

He may do a thing or two that I like, but my fundamental disagreement with who he is as a person will never change because it's what I've believed my entire life.

You are right m'lady, of course. Also, I admire your principled opinion of him. I personally have thought of him as a moral reprobate. But, I will try to judge him through one lens now.

For me, at this time, I am left to judge him as President of the United States over the coming years. That is how I will proceed (for now).
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

You mean have a special place for @musiclady?

Sounds like a good idea to me!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

You are right m'lady, of course. Also, I admire your principled opinion of him. I personally have thought of him as a moral reprobate. But, I will try to judge him through one lens now.

For me, at this time, I am left to judge him as President of the United States over the coming years. That is how I will proceed (for now).

Absolutely fine.  We all have different ways of dealing with things, and yours is a viable option.

I plan on being pleased if I am shocked to see that he does one principled thing in the next four years.  It doesn't change who he is as a person, as it didn't Bill Clinton, but he did do a thing or two that I agreed with.

Unfortunately, that's the most I can hope for in the coming years.

Offline musiclady

You mean have a special place for @musiclady?

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Hmmmm............ that sounds like a comment for one who likes to engage in pissing contests, alice.  (I personally have had enough of that in the past few hours on this thread,   I hate petty quarrels that never end.  This one is over).

SO.......FYI, in the future, I'm not going to post either to or about you again, as I see that my doing so is an irritant, and now that you're out in the open, you're going to take offense no matter what I say.  I would recommend that you do the same with me, since you don't seem to be able to deal with me.  ("Ignore" is a great feature, since I'm so disgusting to you.  Perhaps you should put me there.  I'll just try to remember what a great person you used to be, BT).

And btw, the only "losers" are Hillary lackeys, and there aren't any here, so you may want to retire that deceitful smear.

So, cheers!   :seeya:

Offline MOD3

The point has been made and remade.  Let's move on.

Remember, the topic is "Hillary Clinton blew the most winnable election in modern American history."  and, not "nany, nany, boo, boo."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hmmmm............ that sounds like a comment for one who likes to engage in pissing contests, alice.  (I personally have had enough of that in the past few hours on this thread,   I hate petty quarrels that never end.  This one is over).

SO.......FYI, in the future, I'm not going to post either to or about you again, as I see that my doing so is an irritant, and now that you're out in the open, you're going to take offense no matter what I say.  I would recommend that you do the same with me, since you don't seem to be able to deal with me.  ("Ignore" is a great feature, since I'm so disgusting to you.  Perhaps you should put me there.  I'll just try to remember what a great person you used to be, BT).

And btw, the only "losers" are Hillary lackeys, and there aren't any here, so you may want to retire that deceitful smear.

So, cheers!   :seeya:

Nice thing about a thread like this is you get to find out who your friends are(n't).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: