Author Topic: Hillary Clinton blew the most winnable election in modern American history.  (Read 19424 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Full title:  Hillary Clinton blew the most winnable election in modern American history. And it's her own fault.

http://theweek.com/articles/664828/hillary-clinton-blew-most-winnable-election-modern-american-history-fault

Opening paragraph:

It's been nearly a month since Hillary Clinton lost the presidential election to an opponent that every knowledgeable political operative, strategist, and analyst considered the weakest major party candidate in modern American history. The time has come for Democrats to start taking responsibility for the loss.

I scanned through the article, it wasn't bad. I'm not familiar with the publication, but it appears to be left of center.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Oceander

Alternate reality.  She blew the only chance she had to win: against Trump.  She would have had a guaranteed loss against almost any of the other GOP primary participants.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
She was the slightly more unpopular of the two most unpopular candidates in modern history.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Alternate reality.  She blew the only chance she had to win: against Trump.  She would have had a guaranteed loss against almost any of the other GOP primary participants.

You are delusional, and as other posters have said - something just not right with you. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
And if she blew this, how would she do running the country?

geronl

actually Hillary would have lost to any of the Republicans, Trump was her best bet.

Offline GrouchoTex

I would say that most GOP candidates would have beat her, with the exceptions being the farther left they went, the less likely it would be that they would win.
After all, what would be the major differences?
Her own behavior as Secretary of State did her in, with the e-mails, and such.
Why democrats do not understand this is beyond me.

Offline Night Hides Not

I would say that most GOP candidates would have beat her, with the exceptions being the farther left they went, the less likely it would be that they would win.
After all, what would be the major differences?
Her own behavior as Secretary of State did her in, with the e-mails, and such.
Why democrats do not understand this is beyond me.

There are too many veterans, not too mention current government employees, that are intimately familiar with the procedures to safely handle classified information. That Hillary was not held accountable for her misdeeds was the main contributor to her unlikable and untrustworthy numbers.

No one besides Trump was seen in the same light. She finished at least 7 million votes shy of what Obama received...there's your difference.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Give it up already.  Losing over and over again during a primary season does not translate into winning a general election. It's really not a difficult concept to grasp.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Alternate reality. 

Aren't you the won arguing an "alternate reality?"  What would have happened if someone other than Trump had won the nomination?

The only reality we actually have is the one in which Trump won both the nomination and the election.  He wasn't my guy in the primaries, but I'm glad as hell me managed to beat her.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
There are too many veterans, not too mention current government employees, that are intimately familiar with the procedures to safely handle classified information. That Hillary was not held accountable for her misdeeds was the main contributor to her unlikable and untrustworthy numbers.

I think that's true, but Trump also did go after her much more boldly than some other might have done.  "Crooked Hillary" didn't sound all that good to me, but it did have the effect of reinforcing her biggest weakness.  I dunno if someone like Jeb would have pushed that nearly as hard -- he might even have made excuses for/minimized her misconduct in debates.

HonestJohn

I think that's the point of the article, that the GOP handed the Democrats a very easy opportunity to win with the selection of Trump as the GOP presidential candidate...

...and that Hillary blew it, despite all that.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Absolutely.  Against Trump it was a dog fight featuring two dogs.

Against any other Republican candidate, it would have been a cake walk.

Against Ted Cruz, it would have been a blowout of epic proportions.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
You are delusional, and as other posters have said - something just not right with you.
Well since the polls were so accurate. I'm sure the ones that said everyone else would lose were right on.  :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline montanajoe

Well either Trump or Hillary were going to blow the most winnable election in modern American History.. :shrug:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Well either Trump or Hillary were going to blow the most winnable election in modern American History.. :shrug:

:amen:

Offline musiclady

As @EasyAce has said, most elections are between snake oil salesmen.  In this one, they offered snakes.

One of the snakes had to win.

It just happened to be Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

maybe BR could have a BRief-a thon to raise money to get him professional help?

Offline musiclady

Absolutely.  This election was in the palm of our hands with any decent candidate.

The "Republican" primary voters happened to choose the only completely indecent candidate running.

It's only through horrible campaigning and a horrible candidate on the "D" side that the (pseudo) "R" candidate won.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

You mean like the vile TOS does (where you like the people who post there and there is no sanity?)??

@Oceander is sane and extremely rational.  TOS posters are not.

Offline musiclady

Nice of you to question the sanity of a person who disagrees with you politically, alice.

Is that all you do now?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

There's several other NeverTrumps that could use it too - might get a group rate?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

There's several other NeverTrumps that could use it too - might get a group rate?

Again............. is smearing the intellect and health of those who disagree with you politically what we can expect from you now that you have emerged from your hiding place?

Or will you use your own intellect and post thoughts rather than stupid smears?

Offline flowers

Valid point....group rates. Maybe they can sell some #nevertrump tombstones to help pay.

Offline Frank Cannon

She was losing in polling against "Generic Republican" since the beginning. Trump is a generic Republican. I do not think there was any opportunity for her to win under any circumstances.

People have, will and will always hate her.