Author Topic: Indiana to give UTX $7 million in tax breaks to keep Carrier jobs in state  (Read 3092 times)

Offline bolobaby

Re: Indiana to give UTX $7 million in tax breaks to keep Carrier jobs in state
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 10:23:21 pm »
@bolobaby

I disagree.

The government provides a variety of protections to its citizens, from bodily defense to things like defense of intellectual property. 

And the taxed have different degrees of protection required.  The poor man has less to lose, less need of strong protection, than the wealthy man (and by wealthy, I don't refer to income, but to assets).  That isn't tied to consumption whatsoever. 

@Suppressed

Equal protection under the law, whether you have $2 in assets, $2MM in assets, or $2B in assets.

Those that have $2B in assets will spend money. I am fine with a progressive consumption tax such that a loaf of bread has 0% tax, soda has 10%, a TV has 20%, and a yacht has 40%.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:32:32 am by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!