Author Topic: Muslims in State Department, Defense Department, and CIA debate quitting  (Read 1561 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 1, 2016
Muslims in State Department, Defense Department, and CIA debate quitting
By Ed Straker

Muslims working in the State Department, Defense Department, and intelligence agencies like the CIA wonder if, with the election of Donald Trump, they should quit their jobs.

The employees are on edge about everything from retaining their security clearances to the possibility of discriminatory treatment under Trump, whose top aides include known peddlers of conspiracy theories about Islamists infiltrating the U.S. government.

"I feel apprehensive," a Muslim intelligence official told POLITICO. "I fear that – whatever white power movement or equivalent all of a sudden feels empowered by the president-elect, whatever tidbits of that community make their way into government – at the most basic level people who are brown, Middle Eastern, Muslim or Sikh or whatever will either be looked at with a lens of suspicion or concern, or something more overt may take place."

• thers fear Trump aides may make moves that are hard to prove as being based on overt ethnic or religious discrimination, such as simply appointing fewer Muslims or other minorities to prominent posts at State, the Department of Homeland Security, the Pentagon or elsewhere.

"My initial reaction was, 'Oh my God, should we quit and leave?'" said a State Department official of Muslim heritage who – like most sources contacted for this story – was unwilling to speak on the record for fear of angering the new administration. "People are still struggling to understand what it means right now. Does it make sense to stay on board? Do you wait to see what the policies are going to be?"

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/12/muslims_in_state_department_defense_department_and_cia_debate_quitting.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Muslims in State Department, Defense Department, and CIA debate quitting
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 10:52:37 pm »
Who cares? Stay, go, just stop whining.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 11:02:16 pm »
No please dont wait stop.

Well ok if you must.

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 12:04:17 am »
This would be bad, as many of the best Arabic/Persian-Farsi translators are (for obvious reasons) Muslims.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 12:43:55 am »
This would be bad, as many of the best Arabic/Persian-Farsi translators are (for obvious reasons) Muslims.

Right. When Iran dials us up when we  surrender we better have some people who canna speaka theys uh lang guije.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 01:37:06 am »
I would like to Ralph Ellison go with them.  Unfortunately, I think we will see him as a candidate for POTUS in 4 or 8 years.  He's perfect for democrats:  he's black and they could tout him as the first muslim candidate for POTUS.  There is no other reason I can think of the media is paying so much attention to him.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 01:40:40 am »
What a bunch of wusses.  How do such candy-a$$es get positions at the DoD and CIA?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 01:48:12 am »
I would like to Ralph Ellison go with them.  Unfortunately, I think we will see him as a candidate for POTUS in 4 or 8 years.  He's perfect for democrats:  he's black and they could tout him as the first muslim candidate for POTUS.  There is no other reason I can think of the media is paying so much attention to him.

(In bold) Who is going to believe that?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

HonestJohn

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 01:49:15 am »
What a bunch of wusses.  How do such candy-a$$es get positions at the DoD and CIA?

Because they have skills in critical demand that aren't found in 99.9% of the US population.  Care to wager how many college-level fluency Persi-Farsi speakers there are in the US?  Or Arabic?  Or Urdu?  Or Somali? Or Kurdish?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:49:43 am by HonestJohn »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 03:37:01 pm »
Some stories we see in the press may be a stunt. We don't know but I take these stories with a grain of salt. This could be staged.

Of course, we need Muslims partners, we had a real good one in Egypt, Mubarak and sold him out. Trump did not do that.

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 05:13:41 pm »
(In bold) Who is going to believe that?

The media when they tout him as the second coming of Obama, only better because he is muslim.  From there, the LIFs will pick up the ball and run with it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 05:40:39 pm »

Correct.  This is why it's so dangerous to demonize all Muslims.  Most are as disgusted as anyone else with the violence of the Islamofascists,  and without the help of such Muslims,  our national security and intelligence capabilities would suffer grievous damage.   Trump may want to address this with a magnanimous gesture to allow Muslims in Iraq that have provided concrete assistance to our armed forces to emigrate here with their families.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 05:42:33 pm »

They object to being made the subjects of bigotry on the basis of their religion.   Good for them - but bad for our nation if they quit.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 11:39:10 pm »
They object to being made the subjects of bigotry on the basis of their religion.   Good for them - but bad for our nation if they quit.   

Tell us why it is bad for our nation? Don't bother. I'll answer myself.

Because if we don't have people who speak their language we don't have anyone who can differentiate between the lies and the bullshit.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 11:42:41 pm »
Correct.  This is why it's so dangerous to demonize all Muslims.  Most are as disgusted as anyone else with the violence of the Islamofascists,  and without the help of such Muslims,  our national security and intelligence capabilities would suffer grievous damage.   Trump may want to address this with a magnanimous gesture to allow Muslims in Iraq that have provided concrete assistance to our armed forces to emigrate here with their families.

Do you listen to yourself?

WHY do we have to worry so much about these people is they think WE need to do something to stop the "Islamofascists" because they WON'T do it themselves.

Roll them up in the magic carpet they flew in on and send them back.