Author Topic: Breitbart goes to war with Kellogg's over move to pull ads  (Read 9012 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Breitbart goes to war with Kellogg's over move to pull ads
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2016, 02:55:29 pm »
Personally I can't understand why people are so angry that a supposedly liberal company doesn't want to advertise with a supposedly conservative site.

Perhaps it is not that as much as Kellogg's financial support of BLM which embraces a cop killer or its prominent honoring of the gay movement?

Like Hillary, the company  may be finding out its views, now exposed, is outside the mainstream of most Americans.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2016, 02:57:38 pm »
Perhaps it is not that as much as Kellogg's financial support of BLM which embraces a cop killer or its prominent honoring of the gay movement?

Like Hillary, the company  may be finding out its views, now exposed, is outside the mainstream of most Americans.

Where's the evidence Kellogg's supports BLM?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 02:58:01 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2016, 03:08:57 pm »

Where's the evidence Kellogg's supports BLM?

Breitbart says so.   :silly:

• Technical
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2016, 03:10:08 pm »
I generally don't eat breakfast cereal. I don't well around carbs...

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2016, 03:14:36 pm »

The Kellogg foundation, not the Kellogg corporation. Not the same thing.

Nobody said it was.  Did you even read the article?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2016, 03:47:01 pm »
Sorry, Breitbart, but I won't let go of my  Eggo

• Technical
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2016, 03:48:50 pm »
Nobody said it was.  Did you even read the article?

It says they have financial ties. More degrees of separation than directly advertising with Breitbart.

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2016, 04:11:40 pm »

It says they have financial ties. More degrees of separation than directly advertising with Breitbart.

Ever heard of La June Montgomery Tabron? 

She is Chief Executive Officer, President, Senior Vice President and Treasurer of W.K. Kellogg Foundation.  Oh, by the way, she is also a Director of the Kellogg Company.

She replaced on the Kellogg company board Sterling Speirn, the previous president and CEO of the Kellogg Foundation, so there is a history of inter-breeding here.

Seems a bit more than just financial ties, doesn't it?

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=84108945&privcapId=3731614

HonestJohn

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2016, 05:45:10 pm »
Those "other 'conservatives'" are in fact financial conservatives firstly and social conservatives secondly.

A true conservative places God, family and morality prominently.

There is an issue with that.  It is this:

"That'd be my Lord is placed first, not yours!  Yours is a phony and you will be damned to burn in hell for all eternity if you do not convert.  I must help you avoid damnation.  Convert now, heathen!"

That doesn't tend to lend itself to the functioning of a civil society.

Which is why there needs to be balance between the two.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:45:51 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2016, 05:49:45 pm »
Ever heard of La June Montgomery Tabron? 

She is Chief Executive Officer, President, Senior Vice President and Treasurer of W.K. Kellogg Foundation.  Oh, by the way, she is also a Director of the Kellogg Company.

She replaced on the Kellogg company board Sterling Speirn, the previous president and CEO of the Kellogg Foundation, so there is a history of inter-breeding here.

Seems a bit more than just financial ties, doesn't it?

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=84108945&privcapId=3731614

This is no different, then, to the liberal actions against Chik-Fil-A over it's founder's support of traditional marriage. 

Kellogg Foundation, not the Kellogg company, did something... 'conservative' outrage.
Chik-Fil-A owner, not Chik-Fil-A, did something... 'liberal' outrage.

In both cases, it was not the company, but both partisan sides had a freakout.

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2016, 06:26:19 pm »
There is an issue with that.  It is this:

"That'd be my Lord is placed first, not yours!  Yours is a phony and you will be damned to burn in hell for all eternity if you do not convert.  I must help you avoid damnation.  Convert now, heathen!"

That doesn't tend to lend itself to the functioning of a civil society.

Which is why there needs to be balance between the two.

Of course there is balance.  I said to figure those items prominently.

What is the issue you are bringing up that you object to?

HonestJohn

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2016, 06:30:14 pm »
Of course there is balance.  I said to figure those items prominently.

What is the issue you are bringing up that you object to?

That too many don't have that balance.

Witness single-issue voters.

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2016, 06:47:04 pm »
This is no different, then, to the liberal actions against Chik-Fil-A over it's founder's support of traditional marriage. 

Kellogg Foundation, not the Kellogg company, did something... 'conservative' outrage.
Chik-Fil-A owner, not Chik-Fil-A, did something... 'liberal' outrage.

In both cases, it was not the company, but both partisan sides had a freakout.

Actually, you should be comparing the Chick-fil-A Foundation to the Kellogg Foundation instead.
http://www.chick-fil-afoundation.org/
https://www.wkkf.org/

Here's a sample of some of the grants given by Kellogg Foundation:

Racial Justice NOW!

Transform school climate and broader racial justice issues by ensuring that racial justice and school discipline leaders engage in self-care and healing practices towards the building of long-term capacity for organizing

Jan. 1, 2017 - Dec. 31, 2017
$40,000

Black Alliance for Just Immigration

Strengthen and align the movement for racial justice and immigrant rights by supporting the leadership skills and advocacy opportunities of Black immigrants and refugees

Nov. 1, 2016 - Sep. 30, 2019
$450,000

United We Dream Network, Inc.

Strengthen the organizational capacity of the New Mexico Dream Team and the leadership skills of its young adult members to effectively implement strategies to expand higher education and job opportunities for immigrant children and families

Oct. 1, 2016 - Sep. 30, 2019
$600,000

Becomes pretty easy to see why conservatives have a difficult time swallowing Kellogg's actions(meant to be a pun).

• Technical
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2016, 06:50:48 pm »
Those "other 'conservatives'" are in fact financial conservatives firstly and social conservatives secondly.

Yeah and where does supporting a guy who brags about grabbing women by the bleep figure into all of that?

Your pious self-righteousness is completely phony.

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2016, 06:51:28 pm »
That too many don't have that balance.

Witness single-issue voters.
okayyyy - but where did that arise as an issue?  Nothing I said.

Most voters appear to be single issue in nature, whether in support of environment, gays, family illegal immigration or whatever.

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2016, 06:52:59 pm »

Yeah and where does supporting a guy who brags about grabbing women by the bleep figure into all of that?

Your pious self-righteousness is completely phony.

I thought we were discussing Kellogg's and all the sudden you leap into some type of weird political tantrum?

• Technical
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2016, 06:55:50 pm »
I thought we were discussing Kellogg's and all the sudden you leap into some type of weird political tantrum?

Don't lecture me on what a "true conservative" does, is what I'm saying.

Because you're full of it.

I am one of those fiscal conservatives you denigrate. We all know you're as phony and fraudulent as a 3 dollar bill.

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2016, 07:05:03 pm »

Don't lecture me on what a "true conservative" does, is what I'm saying.

Because you're full of it.

I am one of those fiscal conservatives you denigrate. We all know you're as phony and fraudulent as a 3 dollar bill.

So be it, you are conservative on financial issues.

I never said one word that denigrated a fiscal conservative; instead, I drew up the definition of a conservative that embraces both financial and social conservatism instead of one of these only.  I also consider one who only embraces social conservatism not to be a true conservative either.

You might consider yourself a hyphened-conservative.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2016, 09:37:21 pm »

Has anyone advised Donaldus Minimus of that? ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2016, 10:14:59 pm »
Has anyone advised Donaldus Minimus of that? ;)

Good suggestion, as I for one think he could use some guidance in that area.

Not too many people have accused him of being conservative.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2016, 10:44:05 pm »
Good suggestion, as I for one think he could use some guidance in that area.

"Some" guidance?

That's like saying a pitcher could use "some" guidance in playing quarterback.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2016, 11:16:08 pm »
"Some" guidance?

That's like saying a pitcher could use "some" guidance in playing quarterback.

The guidance is not to transform the physical abilities as your example suggests, it is to guide on the moral, social and religious.

I have read that Ben Carson is coming on board the Trump team.  Would it be fair to say that he is capable of competently giving that advice?

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2016, 11:52:18 pm »
The guidance is not to transform the physical abilities as your example suggests, it is to guide on the moral, social and religious.

I have read that Ben Carson is coming on board the Trump team.  Would it be fair to say that he is capable of competently giving that advice?

I'm not sure. Partly because Carson didn't look very good doing a U-turn and endorsing the man who once
likened his temper to "a pathological disease" as incurable as the disease of child molestation, and partly
because Donaldus Minimus from all indications rejects guidance of any kind on morality. Which is,
unfortunately, a too-close relative to too many of his supporters during the campaign who played the
card of we're-not-electing-a-saint-or-holy-man-you-miserable-pudknockers! at least as loudly as the
Who used to play concerts.

Carson may now be Donaldus Minimus's choice for secretary of housing and urban development, but it
doesn't mean Carson has any kind of invitation to offer any kind of moral, social, or spiritual guidance.
(Considering Carson's previous career as a surgeon, I'm pretty sure Donaldus Minimus would reject
any kind of moral, social, or spiritual guidance Carson might offer as coming from someone who isn't
competent to offer what he isn't really looking for in the first place.)

By the way, my metaphor between a pitcher and a quarterback had less to do with physical ability as
with mental ability. Pitchers might need a certain physical repertoire to throw, but if they're not
doing any thinking on the mound the best fastball, the most voluptuous curve ball, the most
filthily-moving slider, the most Barishnykov-like knuckleball, the sinkerball most intended to go to
Davy Jones's Locker, is going to get spoiled. For base hits at least, for distance at most---with a meal
and a stewardess on board. Not for nothing did Warren Spahn once say that if hitting was timing
pitching was destroying timing. You've got to think as well as throw.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:56:22 pm by EasyAce »