Author Topic: Breitbart goes to war with Kellogg's over move to pull ads  (Read 8928 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Breitbart goes to war with Kellogg's over move to pull ads
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2016, 08:17:11 pm »
Breitbart now reports:
Kellogg Foundation Provided Nearly $1 Million to Support Black Lives Matter

The W.K. Kellogg Foundation, which maintains strong financial ties to the Kellogg Company, has provided at least $930,000 in support of the controversial work of the Black Lives Matter organization.

The financing is listed on the Foundation’s website. It includes a June 1, 2016 grant to the International Development Exchange, which is in a contractual relationship with Black Lives Matter to process donations for the group.

The Associated Press reported the International Development Exchange, also known as IDEX, “has been acting as a mostly unseen financial arm of Black Lives Matter, with the ability to receive grants and tax-deductible donations on the group’s behalf.”

“More recently, the relationship evolved into a contractual partnership that will run through at least mid-2017,” the AP reported.  ...
Full story.

The great thing about a (nominally) free country is that a vendor can choose to advertise wherever it likes, and a consumer can choose to purchase whatever he or she likes. I buy the store brand of cereal because it's cheaper than Kellogg's and seems to be of at least equal quality.  :patriot:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 09:00:35 pm »
Breitbart now reports:Full story.

The great thing about a (nominally) free country is that a vendor can choose to advertise wherever it likes, and a consumer can choose to purchase whatever he or she likes.

Bingo. It works both ways across the ideological divide. Let Kellogg's pull their ads from Breitbrat; it's not like Breitbrat's going
to suffer the way they seem to think for losing Tony the Tiger, and it's not like Kellogg's is going to be stung all that severely
by any boycott coming from that fever swamp.

I buy the store brand of cereal because it's cheaper than Kellogg's and seems to be of at least equal quality.  :patriot:

The last store brand raisin bran I had was from a Food4Less not far from my home that closed in recent months. Tasted pretty
good, too, if I remember right. ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:01:09 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2016, 09:12:35 pm »

The great thing about a (nominally) free country is that a vendor can choose to advertise wherever it likes, and a consumer can choose to purchase whatever he or she likes. I buy the store brand of cereal because it's cheaper than Kellogg's and seems to be of at least equal quality.  :patriot:

Chances are that Kellogg makes the store brand or even more likely a 3rd party makes both. Kinda like when I worked for Astro Cap and made Leer caps by slapping a Leer logo on them. Same thing when I worked for Dawn Foods.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2016, 09:14:49 pm »
Can a rant against Kellogg be on the horizon from scammity?
Maybe a follow up rant from Levin.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2016, 09:21:44 pm »
Can a rant against Kellogg be on the horizon from scammity?
Maybe a follow up rant from Levin.

Would either one surprise anyone? ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2016, 09:33:11 pm »
I like Malt-o-Meal's Mini Spooners. They're cheaper and to me just as good. I get two to three times the cereal for the same price by buying it in the bag, too. With a parade of visiting grandkids and great-grandkids, cereal goes fast in this house.

I surely don't know the brand, but, yeah, I buy that bagged stuff too. Cereal is not a big deal here, with only Raisin Bran and Cocoa Crispies in the house in the generic bagged versions. I had a guest who was partial to
'Special K with Strawberries', and in an effort to be hospitable, I sought them out. What a shocker, to be reminded what the boxed, branded stuff costs.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:34:11 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2016, 09:40:18 pm »

(j.k . . . I happen to love Quaker oatmeal---with a sliced banana, if you please . . .)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2016, 10:52:59 pm »

Or how about

For the First Time in History, Kellogg’s Iconic Brands ‘Go Purple’ in Support of GLAAD and Spirit Day

BATTLE CREEK, Mich., October 20, 2016 – Kellogg Company is partnering with the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) as an official sponsor of Spirit Day 2016 and will ‘go purple’ along with millions of Americans on October 20 to show support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) youth and stand up to bullying.

“At Kellogg, we firmly believe in equality and inclusion in the workplace, marketplace and communities. We have long been allies and supporters of LGBTQ employees, their families and the community,” says Mark King, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Office at Kellogg Company.

As part of its commitment to Spirit Day, Kellogg will host a special Spirit Day breakfast at the Kellogg’s NYC café in Times Square inviting guests to start their day with the “Official Spirit Day Bowl,” which will be available all day at the café. Designed by chefs from Kellogg’s NYC kitchen, the “Official Spirit Day Bowl” will feature Frosted Flakes with fresh blueberries, lemon zest and blueberry jam that turns milk a delicious purple. The event also will feature special guest and America’s Got Talent finalist Brian Justin Crum, who will perform live and share his personal story about how bullying affected his life. Additionally, Kellogg and 10 of their iconic brands will proudly go purple on social media for #SpiritDay engaging with consumers live from the event and throughout the day encouraging them to share their stories. Kellogg invites people to watch a special video from their employees voicing support for GLAAD and Spirit Day’s anti-bullying message.

"We are thrilled to be partnering with Kellogg for Spirit Day to take a stand against bullying,” said Sarah Kate Ellis, GLAAD President & CEO. “When LGBTQ young people see support from a company that has been a staple in their lives for years, it sends a strong message of acceptance that truly resonates.”

Since its inception in 2010, Spirit Day has been observed annually by individuals, schools, organizations, corporations, and public figures all wearing purple to take a united stand against bullying. Founded in a response to the alarming number of young LGBTQ lives lost to suicide, Spirit Day was created to promote awareness, acceptance, and love to prevent any further tragedies.   Every year, millions of Americans and individuals across the globe go purple on Spirit Day to show their support for LGBTQ youth.  GLAAD has led the charge each year by gathering millions of people to demonstrate their support for LGBTQ youth and ensuring our next generation of leaders that they are supported and loved.

So we have a company that is joined at the hip with a terrorism organization, an alternative lifestyle organization and a "momma - he hurt me" anti-bullying group.

I believe the 'values' cited by Kellogg to stop advertising on a conservative news site is outside the mainstream of most Americans and the real issue here.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

geronl

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2016, 10:55:54 pm »

So we have a company that is joined at the hip with a terrorism organization, an alternative lifestyle organization and a "momma - he hurt me" anti-bullying group.

Trump Inc maybe...

HonestJohn

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2016, 11:34:43 pm »
I thought beer was the original liquid cereal.

Beat me to it...

HonestJohn

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2016, 11:39:58 pm »
Ceriously, who eats cereal for breakfast?

This is breakfast:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2016, 11:43:45 pm »
Ceriously, who eats cereal for breakfast?

This is breakfast:

Personally, my favourite breakfast is a strip of New York steak and soft-scrambled eggs.
(I had that this morning, in fact.)

HonestJohn

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2016, 12:01:20 am »
Personally, my favourite breakfast is a strip of New York steak and soft-scrambled eggs.
(I had that this morning, in fact.)

That's good, too.  I prefer my scrambled eggs extra-extra-extra-dry, though.

Then coated in pepper and tabasco sauce.  Really coated.  As in "I can't see my eggs/my eggs are crunchy from the black pepper".

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2016, 12:11:56 am »

Then coated in pepper and tabasco sauce.  Really coated.  As in "I can't see my eggs/my eggs are crunchy from the black pepper".

Well, that doesn't make you a bad person ;)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2016, 12:39:08 pm »

(j.k . . . I happen to love Quaker oatmeal---with a sliced banana, if you please . . .)
I like oatmeal, too, but with raisins and brown sugar, and a dash of cinnamon...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2016, 12:40:52 pm »

I like Tabasco, but it's a mite thin for coating eggs. Best to soak the hash browns. I like Sriracha sauce ("Rooster Sauce") on the eggs.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2016, 12:59:37 pm »
Look at all the free advertising Kellogg's is getting from this. Breitbart fans are complete morons.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2016, 01:18:44 pm »
Look at all the free advertising Kellogg's is getting from this. Breitbart fans are complete morons.

The people who are screaming to bring jobs back to America so they can boycott and (try to) put them out of work.  :silly:

The saddest part is that these so called "Blue collar" people who claim to be Trumpbart's base seem to know so little about how manufacturing works. They'll boycott Kellogg's only to turn around and buy their products under another name. Better yet, they'll buy seemingly unrelated products from companies owned by Kellogg's or are part of the same family of companies as Kellogg's.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2016, 02:17:38 pm »
I like oatmeal, too, but with raisins and brown sugar, and a dash of cinnamon...

Exactly... except you forgot the fried apples...

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2016, 02:22:56 pm »
More today on Kellogg's nosedive.
Kellogg’s Stock Drops Another 1.44% at End of Thursday Trading
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/12/01/kelloggs-stock-drops-another-1-44-end-thursday-trading/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2016, 02:29:18 pm »
The people who are screaming to bring jobs back to America so they can boycott and (try to) put them out of work.  :silly:

The saddest part is that these so called "Blue collar" people who claim to be Trumpbart's base seem to know so little about how manufacturing works. They'll boycott Kellogg's only to turn around and buy their products under another name. Better yet, they'll buy seemingly unrelated products from companies owned by Kellogg's or are part of the same family of companies as Kellogg's.

This is not a 'jobs at all costs' effort.  If it were, why not just make them all government employees?

Those 'products under another name' are not what props up Kellogg's profitability compared to its brand name products.  Once the brand name is tarnished (e.g. - Chipolte), the company will take the hit, and it is showing in the marketplace.

We are not talking about Conservatism as much as Social Conservatism here - a powerful force that one is ill-advised to thrwart at one's peril.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2016, 02:30:15 pm »
Exactly... except you forgot the fried apples...
I was roughing it. (fried apples would be good, too!)

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2016, 02:34:04 pm »
This is not a 'jobs at all costs' effort.  If it were, why not just make them all government employees?

Those 'products under another name' are not what props up Kellogg's profitability compared to its brand name products.  Once the brand name is tarnished (e.g. - Chipolte), the company will take the hit, and it is showing in the marketplace.

We are not talking about Conservatism as much as Social Conservatism here - a powerful force that one is ill-advised to thrwart at one's peril.
Yes, but even as we type, there are other 'conservatives'  who are hoping to time 'bottom' just right and cash in on the rebound.

C S Lewis

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2016, 02:45:20 pm »
Yes, but even as we type, there are other 'conservatives'  who are hoping to time 'bottom' just right and cash in on the rebound.

Those "other 'conservatives'" are in fact financial conservatives firstly and social conservatives secondly.

A true conservative places God, family and morality prominently.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2016, 02:49:21 pm »

Personally I can't understand why people are so angry that a supposedly liberal company doesn't want to advertise with a supposedly conservative site.