Author Topic: Breitbart goes to war with Kellogg's over move to pull ads  (Read 8925 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Breitbart goes to war with Kellogg's over move to pull ads
« on: December 01, 2016, 02:15:21 am »
By Dylan Byers
http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/30/media/breitbart-kellogg-war/index.html

Breitbart News is going to war with Kellogg's after the cereal maker decided to pull its advertisements from the far-right news
site in protest of its political views.

Describing Kellogg's decision as an insult to what it claims are 45 million monthly readers, Breitbart launched a petition Wednesday
afternoon aimed at encouraging readers to stop buying all Kellogg products, including Frosted Flakes, Pringles and Eggo waffles.

"For Kellogg's, an American brand, to blacklist Breitbart News in order to placate left-wing totalitarians is a disgraceful act of cowardice,"
Alex Marlow, the site's editor-in-chief, wrote. "Boycotting Breitbart News for presenting mainstream American ideas is an act of discrimination
and intense prejudice. If you serve Kellogg's products to your family, you are serving up bigotry at your breakfast table."

Earlier Wednesday, Breitbart -- which has historically not hesitated to publish news stories targeting its enemies -- ran an article headlined,
"Shock: Amnesty International Blasts Kellogg's For Using Child Labor-Produced Ingredients." The article was written by Joel Pollak, a senior
editor-at-large with Breitbart.

Kellogg's announced its decision to pull advertising from the site on Tuesday, amid growing scrutiny over Breitbart's controversial populist,
anti-immigrant worldview. Steve Bannon, formerly Breitbart's executive chairman, left the site to become the CEO of Donald Trump's
presidential campaign, and will be his chief White House Strategist.

Bannon had previously described Breitbart as "the platform for the 'alt-right,'" a movement that includes some extremists, including white
supremacists and neo-Nazis.

"We regularly work with our media-buying partners to ensure our ads do not appear on sites that aren't aligned with our values as a company,"
Kellogg's said in a statement. "We recently reviewed the list of sites where our ads can be placed and decided to discontinue advertising on
Breitbart.com. We are working to remove our ads from that site."

Breitbart claims Kellogg's decision "will make virtually no revenue impact on Breitbart.com."

Flight by more advertisers could lead to trouble for the site, though. And some others, like Allstate, Nest and Earthlink, had stopped running
ads on Breitbart even before Kellogg's announcement.

Kellogg's can advertise where they please. Breitbrat can boycott whom they please. That's the American
way, baby.

But a Breitbrat boycott makes a guy lust for a bowl of . . .

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 02:15:50 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online DB

Re: Breitbart goes to war with Kellogg's over move to pull ads
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 02:22:33 am »
So advertise on our site or we'll boycott you... I'm sure that will bring them back... It is also fair warning to anyone else thinking about advertising on their site...

Sounds like something Trump would do - all without thinking it through... Just an emotional tit for tat response. Having to make anyone who they think disses them pay.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 02:24:11 am »
I never saw any Kellogg's ads on Breitbart... but I have seen lots of sketchy ones that looked like malware.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 02:33:30 am »
   I hope my Lab eats Kellogg, she eats anything, haven't turned on my disposal since I got her.

I don't, but I will buy some next time at the local A&P.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 02:49:49 am »
   I hope my Lab eats Kellogg, she eats anything, haven't turned on my disposal since I got her.   I don't, but I will buy some next time at the local A&P.
@corbe

Don't mess with my Kellogg's Mini Wheats -  eat a bowl with fresh blueberries every morning.  Companies determine where they want to advertise, guess Breitbart doesn't understand that.  I never go to their website as I think it is nuts.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 02:50:30 am »
Trumpists have their own version of PC and it is more rigorously enforced than the lefts....

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 03:02:23 am »
So advertise on our site or we'll boycott you... I'm sure that will bring them back... It is also fair warning to anyone else thinking about advertising on their site...

Sounds like something Trump would do - all without thinking it through... Just an emotional tit for tat response. Having to make anyone who they think disses them pay.

One more way the "trump right" is morphing into the left.

Both sides need to grow the hell up.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 03:18:05 am »
    Trump doesn't need a Press Secretary, he's got Twitter and Brietbart (capitalized out of respect for Andrew).
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 04:25:33 am »
   I hope my Lab eats Kellogg, she eats anything, haven't turned on my disposal since I got her.

Helps with the old electric bill, no? ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 04:26:09 am »
I never saw any Kellogg's ads on Breitbart... but I have seen lots of sketchy ones that looked like malware.

I saw a Kellogg's ad now and then over there. It's not like you see one advertiser dominant on the site.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 04:37:17 am »
Funny. I was boycotting Kelloggs for being Alt Right shills. They have that damn racist frog Pepe on their boxes....

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 05:00:43 am »
Funny. I was boycotting Kelloggs for being Alt Right shills. They have that damn racist frog Pepe on their boxes....

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 05:27:38 am »
I have no loyalty to Trumpbart, but I don't eat Kellogg's garbage anyway. 

Kellogg’s Cereals: Double Dose Of GMO Pesticides & Antibiotics

There is a good reason that Kellogg’s spent over $1,012,552 on media propaganda in California & Washington to defeat voter ballot initiatives that would have required the labeling of GMO foods, and now are contributing again to the defeat of labeling initiatives in Oregon (contributing $250,000).

A consumer recently sent a box of Froot Loops to a lab for genetic testing and found that the corn and soy used in the cereal are 100% RoundUp Ready GMO. So is the sugar. Never mind the other toxic ingredients in the cereal. This means that in one box of Kellogg’s cereal (and likely all their cereals contain similar GMO products), you are dining on a double dose of glyphosate and Bt toxins – glyphosate being patented as an ‘antibiotic’ by Monsanto in 2011.

Source

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 05:36:03 am »
I have no loyalty to Trumpbart, but I don't eat Kellogg's garbage anyway. 

Give this a shot then. It made with REAL CEREAL!!!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 07:27:37 am »
@corbe

Don't mess with my Kellogg's Mini Wheats -  eat a bowl with fresh blueberries every morning.  Companies determine where they want to advertise, guess Breitbart doesn't understand that.  I never go to their website as I think it is nuts.
I like Malt-o-Meal's Mini Spooners. They're cheaper and to me just as good. I get two to three times the cereal for the same price by buying it in the bag, too. With a parade of visiting grandkids and great-grandkids, cereal goes fast in this house.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 12:45:57 pm »

I thought beer was the original liquid cereal.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 01:01:40 pm »
Why am I thinking of that old SNL skit with Eddie Murphy when he talks about his entire family being named after breakfast cereal?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline beandog

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 01:50:29 pm »
I don't have a problem with Breitbart going after Kellogg's.  If they want to snub conservatives who might buy their products why shouldn't conservatives know this and make a choice what they want to do.  I'm tired of liberals pushing companies without pushback from conservatives. 22222frying pan

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 02:04:30 pm »
I'm tired of liberals pushing companies without pushback from conservatives. 22222frying pan
Eh, have you heard of a company called Target?

They have destroyed over $5 billion in stockowners' value since they decided to expose customers to ill-advised encounters in the store bathrooms.

As you, I would like to see a few billion removed from Kellog's market cap as well with their stray into the dissing of Americans' well being.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 03:03:22 pm »

How the hell old are you, Frank?  I was figuring you at least had some teeth left, but if you're guzzling that stuff....

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 04:24:49 pm »
Eh, have you heard of a company called Target?

They have destroyed over $5 billion in stockowners' value since they decided to expose customers to ill-advised encounters in the store bathrooms.

As you, I would like to see a few billion removed from Kellog's market cap as well with their stray into the dissing of Americans' well being.
Go back a little farther to the (once) biggest firearm retailer in the US: K-Mart. When Rosie O'Donnell was interviewing Tom Selleck on her show she jumped all over him over an ad for the NRA. (She's horribly anti-gun). At the time she was a 'spokesperson' for K-Mart. Gun owners demanded that she lose the job, and when K-Mart kept her on, gun owners started shopping elsewhere.
Look where they are now.

JC Penney's did the same with two mommy ads, and lost their sales base, largely conservative.

Conservatives have considerable marketplace power if we use it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2016, 06:22:47 pm »
I don't have a problem with Breitbart going after Kellogg's.  If they want to snub conservatives who might buy their products why shouldn't conservatives know this and make a choice what they want to do.  I'm tired of liberals pushing companies without pushback from conservatives. 22222frying pan

I said in my original remark that Breitbrat can boycott whom they wish and Kellogg's can elect not to advertise where
they choose not to advertise. That's the American way, baby---choice. Nobody "pushed" anybody. I'm not a liberal
by any means but if I required advertising I wouldn't advertise in that fever swamp.

Your comment suggests Breitbrat is the only way by which an advertiser can reach men and women of the right. And
that would be plain wrong.

I'm really enjoying this bowl of Raisin Bran this morning . . .
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 06:23:51 pm by EasyAce »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2016, 07:45:09 pm »

I don't, but I will buy some next time at the local A&P.

I totally hear you on Labs.  I had Black Labs for 20 years...wonderful dogs.  But my little Toy Poodle has to have canned food and it has to be heated.  However, she would not dream of eating Raisin Bran.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2016, 07:45:47 pm »
This is stupid on both sides.  Nobody cares.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2016, 07:57:43 pm »
This is stupid on both sides.  Nobody cares.

Yup.

I've long since abandoned Breitbart as a source if info and I don't do cereal much anyway.