Author Topic: Chip and Joanna Gaines Under Fire For Maybe Having the Wrong Views on LGBT Issues: This Is Why Trump Won.  (Read 1592 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This Is Why Trump Won

Katrina Trinko / @KatrinaTrinko / November 30, 2016

Like many Americans, HGTV stars Chip and Joanna Gaines attend a church where the pastor thinks homosexual behavior is a sin.

And somehow that’s “news.”

BuzzFeed printed the original story, headlined “Chip And Joanna Gaines’ Church Is Firmly Against Same-Sex Marriage.” From there it was picked up by Cosmopolitan, Us Weekly, and my favorite, Jezebel.

Why?

Now to be clear, the Gaineses aren’t even quoted in the original BuzzFeed story. We have no idea what they personally think about same-sex marriage. In fact, a spokesperson for the Antioch Community Church where the Gaineses attend, specifically tells BuzzFeed “she could not speak for Chip and Joanna Gaines on same-sex marriage.”

more
http://dailysignal.com/2016/11/30/chip-and-joanna-gaines-under-fire-for-maybe-having-the-wrong-views-on-lgbt-issues/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:58:31 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: This Is Why Trump Won...[Chip and Joanna Gaines]
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 11:29:25 pm »
So, how does this story relate to why Trump won?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: This Is Why Trump Won...[Chip and Joanna Gaines]
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 12:36:30 am »
So, how does this story relate to why Trump won?
It's the same kind of menacing and harassment (see also the florists and bakers) forcing total submission to the alphabet soup lobby agenda that a good number of people are sick of receiving. The Gaines couple knows full well what happened to Phil Robertson, and he was one of the lucky ones—and yet, despite their right to remain silent (hey, if we're going to make penumbral rights out of SCOTUS rulings, might as well extend them as wide as they can be spread), they're being smeared for not explicitly kowtowing.

The alphabet soup lobby knows we have a right to believe what we (I and others who share my values) believe, and they hate it. Thus, they will do what they can, by way of mob coercion, to starve out those who believe the way we do through the private/corporate sector. I would say it was a huge factor in the people's rejection of Hillary Clinton; this was our way of striking back.

Of course, Trump's open acceptance of the same lobby agenda doesn't help... but at least he's not openly pushing it the way Clinton would.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I really enjoy this show, particularly because of the interaction between the two.  They are long-married, respectful of each other, hard-working, funny and appear to enjoy each other's company.  I can see how the left would have a problem with them.   

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Trump is all in with the LGBTWEEBCRAZEE crowd.
Eeeny, meeeny miney moe! That's the bathroom to use today!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
See Dick pee.
Dick pees like a girl.
See Jane pee.
Jane pees like a boy.
See Spot run
Spot runs away from Dick and Jane
Dick and Jane are nuts.
Dick and Jane want Spot to pee with the cat.
:silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

See Dick pee.
Dick pees like a girl.
See Jane pee.
Jane pees like a boy.
See Spot run
Spot runs away from Dick and Jane
Dick and Jane are nuts.
Dick and Jane want Spot to pee with the cat.

:beer:
Do you have one for Jack and Jill?

LOL  !!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Trump is all in with the LGBTWEEBCRAZEE crowd.

And like Trump, many of his fans have decided that Christians shouldn't do certain jobs like county clerk. That is easily transferred to other public sector jobs like policeman, judge, or army chaplain.

Wingnut

Jack and Jill went out will Bill
To fetch some beer and water
They had to pee
Jill said, "Come with me"
So Jack and Bill went squatter.

Okay... we need to punch that one up a little! 
 :silly:

Wingnut

Improve it for me, Wingnut.  LOL.  That's the best I could do.

Me and Frank will get right on it!