Author Topic: Hundreds of mourners answer the call to attend funeral for homeless veteran  (Read 382 times)

rangerrebew

Hundreds of mourners answer the call to attend funeral for homeless veteran

By: The Associated Press, November 29, 2016 (Photo Credit: Dan Cepeda/Casper Star-Tribune via AP )
EVANSVILLE, Wyo. — They had never met Stephen Carl Reiman, but hundreds of people packed a Wyoming chapel on Tuesday to mourn the homeless U.S. Navy veteran who died where he was a stranger.

It was standing room only at the chapel in Evansville for Reiman's funeral, the Casper Star-Tribune reported.

Reiman, 63, arrived in Sheridan on Nov. 8 after a three-day bus ride from a Southern California community for homeless veterans. He traveled to Wyoming with just a backpack that contained Bruce Springsteen CDs, a cellphone, a laptop, an iPod, two identification cards, a copy of his birth certificate and his Navy discharge papers. He also carried Springsteen's memoir "Born to Run," Natrona County Coroner Connie Jacobson said.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/hundreds-of-mourners-attend-funeral-for-homeless-veteran
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:10:30 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Couple months ago I did the same thing for a veteran right outside of Ft. Knox who had no family and had been murdered in his apartment.

Retired Master Sergeant, Drill Sergeant and x6 deployments to Vietnam.  His funeral was at the Kentucky Veterans Cemetery.

I'm glad to say I wasn't alone in showing up to pay respects.

Even though that soldiers DNA related family and the one in the OP wasn't there...their military family was...in both cases.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:48:28 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!