Author Topic: 60% Of New Yorkers Are One Paycheck Away From Homelessness  (Read 657 times)

rangerrebew

60% Of New Yorkers Are One Paycheck Away From Homelessness
« on: November 28, 2016, 06:15:33 pm »
60% Of New Yorkers Are One Paycheck Away From Homelessness
November 28, 2016 | Zero Hedge | www.zerohedge.com | 117 views

homeless

More than half of all New Yorkers don’t have enough money saved to cover them in the event of a lost job, medical emergency, or other disaster, according to a new report by the Association for Neighborhood & Housing Development.

As The Gothamist reports, nearly 60 percent of New Yorkers lack the emergency savings necessary to cover at least three months’ worth of household expenses including food, housing, and rent, but that statistic isn’t spread evenly across the five boroughs.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/60-of-new-yorkers-are-one-paycheck-away-from-homelessness_112016
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 06:16:12 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: 60% Of New Yorkers Are One Paycheck Away From Homelessness
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 06:17:24 pm »
If true, it is a great example of how progressive policies benefit the average American. :whistle:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 06:34:17 pm »
So, one paycheck or three months worth?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 06:43:44 pm »
While driving to work on my first job after getting out of the Navy, I threw the fan belt in my truck.
I was just about of gas too. So, after work I got gas. No money for a fan belt, I drove the 18 miles home with no belt. Once home I raided the piggybank and got a belt.

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 10:10:19 pm »
I suppose another way to look at it is 60% of NY is one paycheck from welfare.  That would make commiecrats like Nazi Pelosi deliriously happy since she claims the more people on welfare, the better the economy. :wtf: