Author Topic: What your choice of smartphone says about you  (Read 5603 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: What your choice of smartphone says about you
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2016, 11:23:51 am »
Now see, a good woman would roll her eyes at your foolishness, and invite you back under the bearskin as it were - She'd have a means to keep you busy all winter long... Unless that freeze plug was for her vehicle, I suppose. :)
It was for mine. She had the means, but failed to deploy them...on that one occasion, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2016, 01:45:49 pm »
I have a piece of 4 inch drill pipe, maybe I should make a new bumper for the old FJ-40.
I made a rear step bumper for my old F150. I picked up all the steel at the scrap yard. 1/4 in and 1/4 tread plate for most of it, and 1/2 in for the bottom of the step and the brackets.
I ended up giving the truck to my nephew. I should of kept that bumper.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 01:46:17 pm by Elderberry »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2016, 02:17:47 pm »
I can get at an old CJ5 - I did the Chevy conversion on it, back in the day... Put in a new pan and corners too...It's all still together - The guy blew the motor up 5 years after the resto, and it's been sitting in the barn ever since. I reckon it's be fun to have, if I can get where I can get at it... One thing at a time. I need the pickup more than anything, then my old man's old trailer, that's sitting down in Ronan with a busted tongue... After that, mebbe the CJ.

Would be nice to get the shop up first - I ain't ever had it before, but I am getting old enough that crawling around in the gravel just ain't all that appetizing anymore...
I just went thru my CJ3B getting it ready for a deer lease I joined. No sooner that I got it all ready, the owner decided to run off all the hunters. Its got a Chevy 350 and  Koenig PTO winch, that I moved to the rear when I added power steering. Its also set up, dual fuel. Years ago, it was my daily driver. Sucks to drive it in the rain. That flat windshield sucks the rain back around and right on you. I got a kick outta driving next to the soldiers in their hummers during Desert Storm.

Now I'm slowly getting my 56 Chevy 3/4 ton road ready again(sat up a long time). Stock 235 with small 4bbl Holley. Trans now is a SM420, I yanked out of  an old school bus. Dana 60 rear out of a 70's Dodge. 4 wheel disc brakes. The dang bench seat kills my back. I want to put buckets in it. My son wants mo power for his vette. He says then he will give me his 454 for the 56.

@roamer_1

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2016, 02:36:46 pm »
Waitaminute...

In contrast, Android users were more likely to be:

Male
    More honest
    More agreeable

There's some redundancy here!

:smokin:
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2016, 08:09:53 pm »
Years ago, it was my daily driver. Sucks to drive it in the rain. That flat windshield sucks the rain back around and right on you. I got a kick outta driving next to the soldiers in their hummers during Desert Storm.

Congratulations on getting it into the wind - Most folks never get them outta the project phase... If I get that CJ back, it'll be a year or two getting it gone through... But then I'd like to hit the Jeep Jamboree down in CO one more time. Been more than a decade since I was down there...

Now I'm slowly getting my 56 Chevy 3/4 ton road ready again(sat up a long time). Stock 235 with small 4bbl Holley. Trans now is a SM420, I yanked out of  an old school bus. Dana 60 rear out of a 70's Dodge. 4 wheel disc brakes. The dang bench seat kills my back. I want to put buckets in it. My son wants mo power for his vette. He says then he will give me his 454 for the 56.

Yeah baby! My mamma wants us to find her a 56 5 window... It's what she drove when she was but a girl... She'd like it a cruiser... a nice little flat top 350 with a Muncie Rockcrusher... But she'd best leave it outta my hands... There's two I'd like to sky-jack yet - a 56 and a 58 Apache. Both a different look, but both just look like they were made to be 'up there'...

Probably would prefer the 58 though... I did one once for another feller. 454, 4sp, with 15" of lift, on 44" Swampers. That old girl was so elegant going down the road... And as badass as they come off road.... Beautiful truck.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:10:32 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline mirvin

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2016, 08:21:11 pm »
HTC Window’s 8 phone …. 

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way – Juan Ramon Jimenez

and remember, the glass isn't half full or half empty .... the glass is the wrong size.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2016, 09:14:01 pm »
Did we really need a university study to 'prove' that young hip people prefer apple junk? :yawn2:

For the record I have neither.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Oceander

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2016, 09:21:20 pm »
HTC Window’s 8 phone …. 

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way – Juan Ramon Jimenez

and remember, the glass isn't half full or half empty .... the glass is the wrong size.

:thumbsup: