Author Topic: San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick praises Fidel Castro for investing in education  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Hal Habib
The Palm Beach Post
November 23, 2016

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who caused a controversy early this season by wearing a T-shirt that contained an image of Fidel Castro, praised Castro’s educational system in a heated conference call with the South Florida media Wednesday.

Kaepernick began a national debate in September when he refused to stand for the national anthem to protest inequality and oppression in America. Kaepernick, whose 49ers play the Dolphins on Sunday, continues to kneel during the anthem.

When pressed about the shirt, Kaepernick first pointed out that Malcolm X also was pictured. Kaepernick said he supports Malcolm X and his willingness to be “open-minded” before forming his own views of the world. Part of that open-mindedness, he said, was meeting with the Cuban leader.

But when The Miami Herald reporter repeatedly asked about Castro specifically, Kaepernick said, “I’m not talking about Fidel Castro and his oppression. I’m talking about Malcolm X and what he’s done for people.”
More, with audio clip and reader comments

Offline goatprairie

Only complete morons believe whatever the Cuban government puts out about its educational and medical achievements. Wealthy tourists and communist party members get decent medical treatment. Average Cuban citizens have to bring their own stuff to the hospital for subpar treatment.
Check out Humberto Fontova for the truth about Cuba's "wonderful" commie system.

Offline mountaineer

He really is as dumb as a sack of hair, isn't he?  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I saw when he wore a t-shirt one day with Fidel on it.

He doesn't know better, he's being fed this propaganda, I heard his girlfriend whom he met is some sort of Muslim deejay/activist in that area. That's where he's getting it from.

This is the kind of stuff one picks up from propaganda; I've seen books by Fidel around before, I certainly don't buy what they say but they are around. Some cities, maybe most big cities have bookstores that cater to far left thought.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:20:15 pm by TomSea »

Offline dfwgator

He doesn't know better, he's being fed this propaganda, I heard his girlfriend whom he met is some sort of Muslim deejay/activist in that area. That's where he's getting it from.

Colin's a big boy.  He owns it.

Offline skeeter

Colin's a big boy.  He owns it.

Thats his problem as QB, too. He's just not smart.

Wingnut

He has a history of not being a deep thinker.  If his IQ was two points lower someone would have to water him twice a week.

Offline goatprairie

This is the kind of stuff one picks up from propaganda; I've seen books by Fidel around before, I certainly don't buy what they say but they are around. Some cities, maybe most big cities have bookstores that cater to far left thought.
What is really idiotic is Kaepernick thinks Cuba is some sort of great place for blacks. I remember reading an article many years ago from a black Cuban who railed against the same kind of discrimination in Cuban that was very similar to the discrimination American blacks faces.
And there is the current black Cuban dissident Oscar Biscet who talks out about oppression in Cuba.  He was given a 25 year sentence by the Cuban gov. for his defiance, but international condemnation forced Cuba to release him in 2011. Kaepernick is basically a young ignoramus who has a lot to learn.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I know what this is. I have seen similar behavior during my time in the corporate world.

In my opinion, what we are seeing is a self destructive person who resents success. As odd as that may sound, this is not at all uncommon. You could call it, 'Jerry Maguire' complex.

He tried first with the kneeling thing. But once that became accepted, more or less, he now has to up the stakes. His goal is self-destruction, and he is not going to stop until he achieves it. I'm not sure if he is consciously aware of his ultimate fate. But it is clear to me.

If all of his antics do not get him kicked off the team, according to what I have seen in the past with people who have these symptoms, he will eventually quit, and walk away from his career. The point is, he will not stop until he is out of the NFL. He is suffering from a mental condition which drives him to do these things, until he no longer can. And that is exactly where he is headed. He will be out of a job and unmarketable. And it will happen very soon.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:58:54 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

The man really is an idiot

Offline chae

Once he's no longer an NFL players, I wonder how long the girlfriend will stay.