Author Topic: A Wingnuts Very Special Thanksgiving Story  (Read 6531 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: A Wingnuts Very Special Thanksgiving Story
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 01:56:47 am »
No not too early to celebrate the Season of Christ's birth.  My favorite Christmas carol and the song that played at our wedding as I walked down the aisle many, many years ago; "Oh Come All Ye Faithful".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPPRtLZ-amc

« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 01:57:30 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 03:30:28 am »
I was raised a vegetarian.  Newly wed, in laws coming, I made my first turkey.  After it was carved my MIL explained about the little bag of innards stuck in the turkey. I had no clue there was a paper bag with more parts concealed in that bird.

I think almost everyone has a story like that.  We've done it twice (so far)!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 06:35:01 pm »

Not me. I look for that little bag. I really enjoy liver and gizzards. Plus you can giblet gravy with what is in the wrap.

I was one of the weirdos who would order a quart of fried chicken livers at KFC back in the day. Now, I make it myself.

Love beef liver steaks with onions. One of my favorite meals and I'm told it's very good for you as well. I just made myself hungry. Will have to pick up some liver the next time I go shopping.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2016, 02:02:37 am »
God bless you @Wingnut.  I had just opened this thread when they took my Mom off to ICU and did not get to read it. 

My Dad went into ICU right after Christmas and we lost him a little over a month later, now my Mom.  EXCEPT... she is going home tomorrow!  Hooray!!

Thank you and the others for the laugh.  Now to celebrate my Mom's return home, I have one; although not nearly as funny.

Years ago when my now 37 year old son was almost 2 years old, my Mom wanted to do his "First Thanksgiving."  My mom has always been big on "Firsts" and has always had to be the one in control of them.  Bless her heart.

She cooked for two days.  Nobody was allowed to help.  Started the turkey early Thanksgiving morning.  For some unknown reason to this day, it would not get done.  Finally at 10:30 that night, she gave up and pulled it out, said "Let's eat.", and we all dutifully sat down very hungry as we were not allowed to nibble anything all day so as not to ruin our Thanksgiving dinner.

She carved the bird as none of the rest of us dared volunteer.  Gave my son the first bite as it was his special day.  He dove into it with gusto as the boy loved turkey legs.  He immediately spat it out.  Proclaimed it "Dirty!", then furiously wiped his tongue with his hand until she finally took pity on him and gave him his sippy cup that he used to swish and spit out into his plate.

She has not cooked at Thanksgiving dinner since.

@Unlimited
So glad you like the story.  This Thanksgiving we were in Tampa with my M.I.L.  I ordered a fully cooked meal from Publix this time.  Heat and serve.  No "Dirty" Parts!   888high58888  After we left last Sunday she went into the hospital.   I'm sure it wasn't the Turkey.   Sorry for your loss. 

I have a Beau Christmas story in the works.  I'll post it on the 24th!.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 02:05:11 am by Wingnut »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2016, 04:04:05 pm »
I've been fooled by them being in the neck cavity before, and not finding them.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2016, 07:53:07 pm »
I was raised a vegetarian.  Newly wed, in laws coming, I made my first turkey.  After it was carved my MIL explained about the little bag of innards stuck in the turkey. I had no clue there was a paper bag with more parts concealed in that bird.
Catching up on some reading. Thanks for the stories everybody. I'm always amazed at the extra parts that end up in my whole chickens. I once had one that must have had 3 heads and 2 livers, must have been a scary looking bird before they butchered it.   :smokin:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour