Author Topic: Trump, getting worried here  (Read 10569 times)

Offline mirraflake

Re: Trump, getting worried here
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 09:31:22 pm »
/SNICKER

Lies about walls, lies about immigration reform, lies about prosecuting Clinton.  What didn't he lie about during the campaign?

Oh, and lies about jobs in America, or didn't you hear that Carrier is getting rid of jobs anyway.

Trump is nothing but lies, lies, lies.

LOL not even in office yet and you are trashing him

@Oceander

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2016, 09:33:21 pm »
Oh. The Dow is up. It doesn't matter that the fundamentals of the entire market are upside down. It doesn't matter that Tesla, Amazon and some others do not turn profits but keep increasing in value.

Carry on.

Corporations are sitting on record cash, banks are doing well and very strong, productivity is at record high.

IT's not as bad out there as you think

@Frank Cannon
@geronl

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2016, 01:53:31 pm »
I am disappointing but not surprised.
I wouldn't say I was in the #NeverTrump camp 100%, but I have definitely been a Trump skeptic.
I hope when it is all said and done, he proves me wrong.
He is not off to the best of starts.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 02:53:22 pm »
I wouldn't say I was in the #NeverTrump camp 100%, but I have definitely been a Trump skeptic.

I'm sure you're never disappointing, @GrouchoTex.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 02:56:04 pm »

IMHO he is off to a MUCH better start than I would have EVER thought two months ago!   That being said, he isn't in office yet and the proof will be in the pudding!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2016, 02:57:33 pm »
I'm sure you're never disappointing, @GrouchoTex.

Whoops!

Thank you for the nice comment, though!

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2016, 02:59:11 pm »
About the DOW.    Money is moving out of bonds in the face of an interest rate rise.  Those dollars re moving into stocks.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2016, 03:07:28 pm »

His picks have been unexpectedly good.

His personal behavior has been abysmal and as expected. Donald will be donald.

Needs to get rid of bannon and all conspiracy theorists.

Maybe, just maybe, we may survive 4 years of him.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 05:21:47 pm »

His picks have been unexpectedly good.

His personal behavior has been abysmal and as expected. Donald will be donald.

Needs to get rid of bannon and all conspiracy theorists.

Maybe, just maybe, we may survive 4 years of him.

If we survived 8 years of 0bama, we'll survive a Trump admin much more easily. I'd bet things will get better if the leftoids don't try something stupid like inciting riots in their enclaves.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 05:36:31 pm »
Corporations are sitting on record cash, banks are doing well and very strong, productivity is at record high.

IT's not as bad out there as you think

So you should be giving Obama and the Democrats the credit for the spectacular economy after 8 years, correct?

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 06:50:39 pm »
If we survived 8 years of 0bama, we'll survive a Trump admin much more easily. I'd bet things will get better if the leftoids don't try something stupid like inciting riots in their enclaves.

It'll be much the same s the last 8 years

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2016, 07:41:10 pm »

Trump has been non-stop idiocy and drama since being elected.

I think people are gonna be sick of him much quicker than Obama.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2016, 11:27:26 pm »

Anyone else share my growing concern over what appears to be a backslide by Trump or is he just appearing a bit softer till he takes the office...

@17 Oaks

Anyone that ISN'T worried about the action of ANY newly-elected president isn't thinking very clearly. Trump is certainly no exception to this rule.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2016, 11:34:18 pm »
Me thinks the press is just doing what they do and just trying to stampede folks but I could be wrong about that.  Won't know for a while yet.

@Bigun

I agree. I also strongly suspect Trump likes to throw  a lot of curve balls to keep people confused. He might already have a firm pick in mind,but he seems to like to throw these curve balls to keep his opponents guessing. They see him talking about either a fire-breathing conservative or in some cases a lefty,and it throws them off their game. Then he goes ahead and nominates who he was planning on nominating from the beginning,and people on both sides are relieved their worse fears didn't come true.

Frankly,I am a little relieved myself to see this happen. There are some positions where I think we need a rabid right-wing conservative heading up some department,and there are other departments where we need someone more moderate in charge. Don't forget,the president and the rest of government have their positions because they are there to serve the PEOPLE,not just thee and me. We need a balance in government at all times to insure we don't end up with a dictator. I like to think the balance should tip sharply to the right,but that's just my opinion.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2016, 11:43:01 pm »
Gen Powell who has always claimed he was a GOP man never has been.  At least he admits that his rise to 4 stars was based upon Affirmative Action programs otherwise he would never have made it.  He was a GREAT staff officer, he dotted i's and crossed t's with the very best and ever briefing you were always asked the same question(s):  Did you staff this with ________ and __________?  The chances that you had staffed it with ever one he thought needed to see it were slim to none.  The result is anything you could accomplish in 3- days became 60 days, 6 mo became a year.  If you walked into his office and needed a decision you had a problem as once again the 'did you staff with' question rose its ugly head.

You ask, WHY did he do this.  Its called 'move the monkey'.  When you office gets an action you have the monkey on your back, the key is to move it and Powell would staff out.  So the monkey is now at Ft BumChuck and we are awaiting their response.  That is how he operated.

This is John Bolton and Leland Vittert from Fox News, that is my wife behind them.  We spent 2 weeks in Israel with him.  He is a stand up guy!

@17 Oaks

Let's not forget that Powell was GREAT at carrying Kissinger's luggage and being his tame Knee-Grow so Henry could "prove" he isn't prejudiced. Hell,he even spoke good English!

Powell is the ONLY infantry branch officer I ever heard of that spent even a partial tour,never mind a whole tour as an advisor to a SVN Army Ranger unit,and managed to never ONCE get in a fire fight to earn a CIB,and who left VN with ZERO SVN commendations in his record. Not even a "thanks for not burning our country down" ribbon. Zero. Nada. Nothing.

If he had been a white officer can came back with nothing,his next career move would have been to get a taxi driver license in NYC because he WOULD have been put out of the army.

And to add insult to injury,I have been told or read that he got a Purple Heart and  a CIB while serving as a Major and Staff Officer on his second tour,and ALL he did was give briefings in air-conditioned rooms and act as a flunky for the General he served under. IF what I heard and read is true,both awards should be,but won't be,taken away from him because he didn't earn them. The ONLY excitement that occurred on that tour was when he was riding as a passenger on a milk-run helicopter that developed mechanical problems and had a rough landing. Powell was slightly injured,and did get,and earn,a ribbon for pulling a seriously injured soldier out of the wreckage and giving him first aid,but there was NO combat involved,and no combat means no CIB and no Purple Heart.

Wingnut

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2016, 11:58:18 pm »

I forgot to add that I went on a trip with Mitt a number of years ago. He made me travel on the roof rack of his Caprice wagon. It sucked.

Did Mitt have an LT1 in that badboy wagon?

@Frank Cannon

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2016, 12:44:57 am »
Did Mitt have an LT1 in that badboy wagon?

@Frank Cannon

He did not. It was an 80's square body with the anemic 305. If you ever had the displeasure of driving one of those slugs, you know what I mean.

Wingnut

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2016, 12:54:24 am »
He did not. It was an 80's square body with the anemic 305. If you ever had the displeasure of driving one of those slugs, you know what I mean.

Well, it sounds perfect for a Kerry mobile then.   Spacious. Low on power.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2016, 01:24:09 am »
I like Trump's Cabinet picks so far,  and the potential for working with Congress to spur growth. 

The one thing I don't know is whether he's too willing to pick fights.  He picked a religious extremist as Ambassador to Israel.   He's waving a red flag in front of China.   Meanwhile everyone's going to be baiting him,  and identity politics is absolutely embedded at Federal agencies.   Kumbaya and counseling sessions for employees at the State Department, by criminy.   Trump needs to speak, and speak fast,  with old Reagan hands about coming to DC with the bureaucracy just filthy with the other party's people.   Carter's folks frustrated efforts at every turn.   
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 01:25:00 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2016, 02:03:43 am »
I like Trump's Cabinet picks so far,  and the potential for working with Congress to spur growth. 

The one thing I don't know is whether he's too willing to pick fights.  He picked a religious extremist as Ambassador to Israel.   He's waving a red flag in front of China.   Meanwhile everyone's going to be baiting him,  and identity politics is absolutely embedded at Federal agencies.   Kumbaya and counseling sessions for employees at the State Department, by criminy.   Trump needs to speak, and speak fast,  with old Reagan hands about coming to DC with the bureaucracy just filthy with the other party's people.   Carter's folks frustrated efforts at every turn.   

@Jazzhead

My thinking on this is that Trump is not and never has been a politician. Politicians always "politic". They try to reach agreements without upsetting anyone or appearing to be unreasonable.

Trump,on the other hand is a businessman,and doesn't give a damn who he upsets while "negotiating" a deal. PLEASE note that I wrote "negotiating a deal",not playing politics. His normal strategy is to throw out the most outrageous demands he can come up with,far beyond what he really expects,and then to stonewall as much as he can until the person he is facing agrees to give him close to what he really wants because THEY need it too. He's not really trying to persuade anyone. He's working on dominating them and gaining the upper hand. "Winning" is as important to him as oxygen.

I may well be wrong on this,but time will tell,and it won't be a long time,either. Right now he is playing kissy-face with a lot of people he had rather push off a cliff,but right now he still isn't the sitting president,so he has no real power to do anything,so why not let everyone think they are going to have their way with him?

geronl

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2016, 04:33:15 am »
Trump says China should keep the drone.... what :shrug:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2016, 04:37:29 am »
Trump says China should keep the drone.... what :shrug:

What does it matter. They have it blueprinted and being reproduced by now.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2016, 01:05:44 pm »
What does it matter. They have it blueprinted and being reproduced by now.

And, it wasn't classified information they were collecting anyway. 

Offline doghouse

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2016, 06:08:44 pm »
Trump is not getting scared, he is getting ready to put this nation back on the tracks to greatness as a world power.

It is the Left who are now installing their "depends" so they don't get that warm wet feeling running down their legs and finding their safe places to hide as they are finally forced to face their total defeat.

The well deserved laughter from the right will begin at 3PM Eastern Time today; about three hours from now when it is clear that all of the stupid juvenile tactics of the left fail to prevent our constitution in action.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2016, 06:28:19 pm »
IMHO he is off to a MUCH better start than I would have EVER thought two months ago!   That being said, he isn't in office yet and the proof will be in the pudding!
Same here. He's a scumbag, but so far he's not picked a complete bunch of pantywaist liberals, not near as bad a group as I expected.

I've got him on probation for a year in office before I issue any official I told you so's.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour