Author Topic: Trump, getting worried here  (Read 10576 times)

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
Trump, getting worried here
« on: November 24, 2016, 01:36:50 am »
It seems Trumpy is backing down on a lot of promises he has made, in fact almost everything and his rubbing elbows with Romney, no way, he is NOT SecState material.  One of the best qualified is John Bolton.  I know John and went with him on a trip, the guy is rock solid and he gets my vote, I spent 2 weeks with him and feel very comfortable with him over Romney any day, there are others that would be contenders, but Romney would be bottom of my list...

Anyone else share my growing concern over what appears to be a backslide by Trump or is he just appearing a bit softer till he takes the office...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump, getting worried here
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 01:54:21 am »
It seems Trumpy is backing down on a lot of promises he has made, in fact almost everything and his rubbing elbows with Romney, no way, he is NOT SecState material.  One of the best qualified is John Bolton.  I know John and went with him on a trip, the guy is rock solid and he gets my vote, I spent 2 weeks with him and feel very comfortable with him over Romney any day, there are others that would be contenders, but Romney would be bottom of my list...

Anyone else share my growing concern over what appears to be a backslide by Trump or is he just appearing a bit softer till he takes the office...

Actually I am enjoying the back slide. I was only in to him to watch the Left implode. Now I am in to watching the Kool-aid drinkers loose their minds. I am genuinely entertained by the developing circus act.

I forgot to add that I went on a trip with Mitt a number of years ago. He made me travel on the roof rack of his Caprice wagon. It sucked.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:55:55 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 01:56:42 am »
Actually I am enjoying the back slide. I was only in to him to watch the Left implode. Now I am in to watching the Kool-aid drinkers loose their minds. I am genuinely entertained by the developing circus act.

Yeah I can't really get upset about being right. I've known for months that constitutional conservatism lost.

I'm just along for the ride.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 02:26:35 am »

"We told ya so #43,765,328"... only 63 million left now.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 02:43:59 am »
Haha what was romneys dog called again?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 02:44:08 am »
The press is saying Trump has backed down, do you trust them? Heck no.

If the topic of the conversation is whom will be Trump's secretary of state and not just to run down the President-elect, I have serious doubts that Bolton will be selected though he could be an advisor at that.

The selection will take some time because it is vitally important, in ways, this job has almost been as important as President in recent years, at least in obviously, foreign policy.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 03:05:49 am »
Bolton would be my preference.  We need someone strong in that job.  We've had too many softies as Secretary of State and yes, I include Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice too.  The last two -- Clinton and Kerry -- were thoroughly incompetent.  This country is being walked on by its enemies.  Of course, we want a diplomat, but we don't want someone who projects weakness.  I think Bolton would restore our reputation of strength in the world.

Of course, since Bolton is eminently qualified, it's not likely he will get the job even if he was nominated. The Senate is full of mealy mouthed weenies from both parties.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 03:05:55 am »
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 03:22:01 am »

Me thinks the press is just doing what they do and just trying to stampede folks but I could be wrong about that.  Won't know for a while yet.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 03:05:48 pm »
Oaks,

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=235546.new#new

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2016/11/23/the-truth-about-john-bolton-the-iraq-war-and-wmd-diplomacy/

More on Bolton here.
Gen Powell who has always claimed he was a GOP man never has been.  At least he admits that his rise to 4 stars was based upon Affirmative Action programs otherwise he would never have made it.  He was a GREAT staff officer, he dotted i's and crossed t's with the very best and ever briefing you were always asked the same question(s):  Did you staff this with ________ and __________?  The chances that you had staffed it with ever one he thought needed to see it were slim to none.  The result is anything you could accomplish in 3- days became 60 days, 6 mo became a year.  If you walked into his office and needed a decision you had a problem as once again the 'did you staff with' question rose its ugly head.

You ask, WHY did he do this.  Its called 'move the monkey'.  When you office gets an action you have the monkey on your back, the key is to move it and Powell would staff out.  So the monkey is now at Ft BumChuck and we are awaiting their response.  That is how he operated.

This is John Bolton and Leland Vittert from Fox News, that is my wife behind them.  We spent 2 weeks in Israel with him.  He is a stand up guy!

Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 03:13:40 pm »
Gen Powell who has always claimed he was a GOP man never has been.  At least he admits that his rise to 4 stars was based upon Affirmative Action programs otherwise he would never have made it.  He was a GREAT staff officer, he dotted i's and crossed t's with the very best and ever briefing you were always asked the same question(s):  Did you staff this with ________ and __________?  The chances that you had staffed it with ever one he thought needed to see it were slim to none.  The result is anything you could accomplish in 3- days became 60 days, 6 mo became a year.  If you walked into his office and needed a decision you had a problem as once again the 'did you staff with' question rose its ugly head.

You ask, WHY did he do this.  Its called 'move the monkey'.  When you office gets an action you have the monkey on your back, the key is to move it and Powell would staff out.  So the monkey is now at Ft BumChuck and we are awaiting their response.  That is how he operated.

This is John Bolton and Leland Vittert from Fox News, that is my wife behind them.  We spent 2 weeks in Israel with him.  He is a stand up guy!

The worst thing is that most of the people who worked for Gen. Powell knew that history! 

Great Pics!  I'm hoping and praying that Trump will put Bolton in as Secretary of State but have little confidence that he will.  IF he does that will put me firmly on the Trump train and especially so if he were to also make John Allison his Sec. of the Treasury as well!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:14:21 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mod1

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 07:24:34 pm »
Moved, as no link to published material was provided.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 07:28:18 pm »

I forgot to add that I went on a trip with Mitt a number of years ago. He made me travel on the roof rack of his Caprice wagon. It sucked.
"He made me travel on the roof rack of his Caprice wagon"

You wrote that like there's something wrong with making a passenger do that. Sometimes there just isn't enough room for your important stuff and a passenger. :tongue2:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 04:39:59 pm »
Now I am in to watching the Kool-aid drinkers loose their minds. I am genuinely entertained by the developing circus act.

I'm always up for a few cheap laughs.  Is it wrong to hope for spontaneous self-combustion on live TV?

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 05:08:33 pm »

The last laugh is going to be against you. Dow up record high, great nominations so far. Doubt Romney will be picked for SOS, companies plan on building new factories in America.

Go Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Frank Cannon

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 05:29:08 pm »

I hope you know that you're pretty fun to watch, too -- and have been for months.   Watching your head explode over and over again has been the cherry on Trump's victory parfait.

Promise you won't ever change @Frank Cannon!     :laugh:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 05:47:01 pm »
Dow up record high, great nominations so far.

Oh. The Dow is up. It doesn't matter that the fundamentals of the entire market are upside down. It doesn't matter that Tesla, Amazon and some others do not turn profits but keep increasing in value.

Carry on.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 10:30:23 pm »
Oh. The Dow is up. It doesn't matter that the fundamentals of the entire market are upside down. It doesn't matter that Tesla, Amazon and some others do not turn profits but keep increasing in value.

Carry on.

Fundamentals schmundamentals.  We don't need no stinkin' fundamentals.

Our tax dollars kick in $20,000 for every Tesla sold yet they barely break even.  Elon Musk makes his real money selling "carbon credits" to Ford and Chevy.  When the real value of a company is in the ether and relies solely on a nod from bureaucrats, we ain't in Kansas anymore Toto.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2016, 11:23:10 pm »

I saw this coming months before the primary.  Saw him as an opportunistic RINO from day one.  I did not support him, I did not vote for him.  And further, because of his antics and the behavior of his supporters at the convention, I am no longer registered as a Republican.

Having said that, I will say that many of his picks so far have been better than I thought they would be so I am adopting a wait and see attitude.

geronl

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 02:31:25 am »
When the real value of a company is in the ether and relies solely on a nod from bureaucrats, we ain't in Kansas anymore Toto.
With Trump, all companies will be in that boat

Oceander

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2016, 05:10:40 am »
The last laugh is going to be against you. Dow up record high, great nominations so far. Doubt Romney will be picked for SOS, companies plan on building new factories in America.

Go Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Frank Cannon

/SNICKER

Lies about walls, lies about immigration reform, lies about prosecuting Clinton.  What didn't he lie about during the campaign?

Oh, and lies about jobs in America, or didn't you hear that Carrier is getting rid of jobs anyway.

Trump is nothing but lies, lies, lies.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 05:11:51 am by Oceander »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2016, 06:35:00 am »

Oh yeah... Feed ya lots of chili and strap you to the roof like a JATO rocket... I hate it when that happens...

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2016, 11:48:27 am »

@17 Oaks - on some other thread would love to hear about your trip to the Holy Land.

It's number one on my mom's bucket list, and my sister and I would love to take her there in the next two years if possible before she's too old to go.....thanks.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 11:58:17 am »
/SNICKER

Lies about walls, lies about immigration reform, lies about prosecuting Clinton.  What didn't he lie about during the campaign?

Oh, and lies about jobs in America, or didn't you hear that Carrier is getting rid of jobs anyway.

Trump is nothing but lies, lies, lies.

I see Trump is beginning to catch flak from some of his most ardent supporters. Joe Walsh is knocking Trump for siding with Russia over our own intell community.