Author Topic: Universities offer tips for having a 'green' Thanksgiving  (Read 824 times)

rangerrebew

Universities offer tips for having a 'green' Thanksgiving
« on: November 23, 2016, 06:03:14 pm »
Universities offer tips for having a 'green' Thanksgiving
Amber Athey
Amber Athey
Investigative Reporter
@amber_athey
Today at 8:35 AM EDT

Several universities are providing students with guidelines on sustainable Thanksgiving practices to impose on their families over the holiday.

Several universities are providing students with guidelines on sustainable Thanksgiving practices so that they may combat climate change and reduce their environmental impact over the holiday.

Harvard University, for instance, shared 5 tips from its EcoOpportunity Team for hosting a “green Thanksgiving,” such as using reusable dinnerware rather than paper plates.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8439
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:04:09 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Universities offer tips for having a 'green' Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 06:06:14 pm »

Thanksgiving practices to impose on their families over the holiday.

What in the hell is this nonsense?  Kids imposing the leftist views on their families at Thanksgiving dinner which their parents are paying for?  That is bold!!!!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 07:05:01 pm »
Random thoughts on a random article:

Paper plates? What kind of rednecks do they take us for. Ma usually gets out the China twice a year and Thanksgiving is one of them.

I wonder what they think about having Wild Turkey (not that I've had any luck hunting them)? Meatless thanksgiving is  just wrong, just wrong on so many levels. How much energy does it take to turn Soy Beans into Tofurkey; how is that green?

Centerpiece? Hells bells our table was never big enough to hold all the food, much less plastic pumpkins or eco friendly lawn clippings.

No bake desert to save on energy? In most flyover country we are not running the air conditioner, that heat ain't wasted.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 07:43:49 pm »
No bake dessert? I'd like to know what they think this is, exactly. This would exclude all baked goods, and I'd assume they wouldn't like ice cream since it has to be cooled obviously.

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 08:05:28 pm »
This coming from those whose erroneous suggestions are known to have a negative effect upon one's erotic ruminations.  :tongue2:
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 09:30:42 pm »
Well, the real benefits must be the reduction in farts that pollute the air. :silly:

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 10:13:45 pm »
What in the hell is this nonsense?  Kids imposing the leftist views on their families at Thanksgiving dinner which their parents are paying for?  That is bold!!!!

@rangerrebew

They can only impose them if the parents allow it.  Unfortunately, so many of them have raised them to believe the world revolves around their entitled butts.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 10:16:07 pm »
Random thoughts on a random article:

Paper plates? What kind of rednecks do they take us for. Ma usually gets out the China twice a year and Thanksgiving is one of them.

I wonder what they think about having Wild Turkey (not that I've had any luck hunting them)? Meatless thanksgiving is  just wrong, just wrong on so many levels. How much energy does it take to turn Soy Beans into Tofurkey; how is that green?

Centerpiece? Hells bells our table was never big enough to hold all the food, much less plastic pumpkins or eco friendly lawn clippings.

No bake desert to save on energy? In most flyover country we are not running the air conditioner, that heat ain't wasted.

@Idaho_Cowboy

I think any day without meat is wrong.   :laugh:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 12:02:11 am »
What a load of b.s. ...