Author Topic: Is There a Cure for Cancer Waiting in Cuba? Life-saving news from the lifted embargo. - Esquire  (Read 812 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I think a story ran like this a few years ago; so, I'd proceed with caution. I don't think it panned out but posting nonetheless.
Is There a Cure for Cancer Waiting in Cuba?

Life-saving news from the lifted embargo.

By Sarah Rense
Nov 17, 2016

Cuba is exporting something far more interesting than cigars and rum: a vaccine for cancer. CIMAvax is a lung cancer treatment recently developed in Cuba, where medical research is not dominated by consumer interests—yet. Trials in Cuba found that CIMAvax extended patients' lives after chemotherapy by three-to-five months longer than those who didn't receive the vaccine. And last month, it was announced that CIMAvax is making its way to the Roswell Park Cancer Institute in New York for an FDA-approved clinical trial, The New York Times reports.

CIMAvax is called a vaccine because it prompts the immune system to block an attack, but it isn't preventative in the way a chicken pox vaccine, for example, is. It is a treatment for lung cancer, one that gets the immune system to slow the growth of cancerous cells.

Read More At: http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/health/news/a50770/cuba-cancer-vaccine/

Offline Suppressed

One thing is for certain: We can rely on the FDA to impede progress for the US.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

the title is ridiculous

Cuba was trading with the whole world and their health care system is a joke, the "embargo" did not keep out news of a cancer cure.