Author Topic: LAPD Chief Beck vows to continue policy of doing nothing about illegal alien criminals  (Read 714 times)

rangerrebew

Posted on November 16, 2016 by Ray Starmann   
LAPD Chief Beck vows to continue policy of doing nothing about illegal alien criminals

6276180-3x2-940x627

CBS News

LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Police Department says it will not change its immigration policies, despite pledges by President-elect Donald Trump to toughen the nation’s immigration laws and deport millions of undocumented immigrants.

“We’re going to maintain the same posture we always have,” LAPD Chief Charlie Beck told CBS Los Angeles. “We don’t make detentions or arrests based solely on status, whether that’s immigration status or any other status.”

“If the federal government takes a more aggressive role on deportation, then they’ll have to do that on their own,” Beck continued.

http://usdefensewatch.com/2016/11/lapd-chief-beck-vows-to-continue-policy-of-doing-nothing-about-illegal-alien-criminals/
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:02:51 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I don't know if it is true but there is a story that goes, in the past, one had to travel to Mexico and one would see the beggar kids holding out there hands to you. Now one sees that in LA. Pretty bad if so.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Time to arrest him as he is committing a felony.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sailed wrote:
"Time to arrest him as he is committing a felony."

I agree with you in principal, but...

... how are you going to go in and arrest the Chief of Police of Los Angeles?

That's posed as a serious question.

What would it take?
Federal marshals?
The military?

How ya gonna do it?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I sailed wrote:
"Time to arrest him as he is committing a felony."

I agree with you in principal, but...

... how are you going to go in and arrest the Chief of Police of Los Angeles?

That's posed as a serious question.

What would it take?
Federal marshals?
The military?

How ya gonna do it?
How would you arrest anyone who breaks federal law?

I believe federal Marshalls are the correct way, but I am not in law enforcement.

Are you trying to say that there are some US citizens who are above the law so they can break it with impunity?

I doubt you are saying that, but I just want to be clear.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington