Author Topic: 25 New 'Dead Sea Scrolls' Revealed  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
25 New 'Dead Sea Scrolls' Revealed
« on: November 18, 2016, 10:01:51 pm »
25 New 'Dead Sea Scrolls' Revealed
By Owen Jarus, Live Science Contributor | October 10, 2016

More than 25 previously unpublished "Dead Sea Scroll" fragments, dating back 2,000 years and holding text from the Hebrew Bible, have been brought to light, their contents detailed in two new books.

The various scroll fragments record parts of the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Samuel, Ruth, Kings, Micah, Nehemiah, Jeremiah, Joel, Joshua, Judges, Proverbs, Numbers, Psalms, Ezekiel and Jonah. The Qumran caves ― where the Dead Sea Scrolls were first discovered ― had yet to yield any fragments from the Book of Nehemiah; if this newly revealed fragment is authenticated it would be the first.

Scholars have expressed concerns that some of the fragments are forgeries....
http://www.livescience.com/56428-25-new-dead-sea-scrolls-revealed.html
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 25 New 'Dead Sea Scrolls' Revealed
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 10:56:47 pm »
For now we see as through a glass darkly...

It is good that these have come to light, and hopefully authentication will reveal they are genuine.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 02:41:53 am »
For any Tom Clancy fans out there, I just read a fiction novel  'The Cloud Strike Prophecy'.  Won't give you details, but it is involved with texts from the Dead Sea Scrolls that have remained hidden.

@Smokin Joe , from how I discern you, this one is up your alley.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 02:53:52 am »
For any Tom Clancy fans out there, I just read a fiction novel  'The Cloud Strike Prophecy'.  Won't give you details, but it is involved with texts from the Dead Sea Scrolls that have remained hidden.

@Smokin Joe , from how I discern you, this one is up your alley.
Thanks for the reference, I'll add it to my list!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 02:54:09 am »
More than 25 previously unpublished "Dead Sea Scroll" fragments, dating back 2,000 years and holding text from the Hebrew Bible, have been brought to light, their contents detailed in two new books.

Aaron Judkins was just on some internet radion show, talking about a new Qumran excavation... The cave they're going for is thought to be the 'Cave of the Columns', and is hopefully untouched as the roof caved in a long time ago.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 04:17:28 am »
Don't recall which of you it was that turned me on to "Tensleep"  but I want you to know that I found a copy in a local used book store and thoroughly enjoyed the read.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 02:02:44 pm »
Bookmarking.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️