Author Topic: On its way out, Obama administration moves to slam the door shut on Arctic drilling  (Read 1415 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

On its way out, Obama administration moves to slam the door shut on Arctic drilling
By Brady Dennis and Steven Mufson November 18 at 3:15 PM

The Obama administration on Friday banned offshore drilling in the Arctic, setting a likely collision course with President-elect Donald Trump, who has vowed to “unleash” new energy production in the United States by rolling back restrictions on oil and gas companies.

The move by the Interior Department, part of a new five-year plan for energy development in federal waters, would put a temporary end to exploration in the Chukchi and Beaufort Seas off the Alaskan coast. It also dropped plans to allow companies to drill for oil and natural gas in the Atlantic Ocean off of four southeastern states, including Virginia.

“The plan focuses on lease sales in the best places — those with highest resource potential, lowest conflict, and established infrastructure — and removes regions that are simply not right to lease,” Interior Secretary Sally Jewell said in a statement Friday. “Given the unique and challenging Arctic environment and industry’s declining interest in the area, forgoing lease sales in the Arctic is the right path forward.”

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/11/18/on-its-way-out-obama-administration-tries-to-slam-the-door-shut-on-arctic-drilling/?utm_term=.f906771f82f9
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Remind me again of all the things I love about obama and his administration?

Oh, that's right. Not a damn thing.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why do we need a Londoner leading our federal lands anyway? That job should be secured by US born people.
Makes non sense
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

Why do we need a Londoner leading our federal lands anyway? That job should be secured by US born people.
Makes non sense

She moved to the US at age 3.

Come on.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
How exactly does that "slam the door" on anything?  The Obama lame-ducks try to screw things up, Trump's replacements just un-ban the off-shore drilling as soon as they get in.  Done and done.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline MajorClay

He really sucks :tongue2: