Author Topic: Yes, A Stand-Down Order Was Given In Benghazi Attack  (Read 836 times)

Offline jpsb

Yes, A Stand-Down Order Was Given In Benghazi Attack
« on: November 18, 2016, 12:55:10 pm »

Scandal: Despite the administration's claim, the CIA operatives who fought for their lives and others' from a rooftop say that a stand-down order may have cost four Americans their lives while their ignoring it saved others.

Kris Paronto, Mark Geist and John Tiegen, three CIA contractors who on the night of Sept. 11, 2012, battled with terrorists from the roof of the CIA's Benghazi annex building, would beg to differ with the Obama administration

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/benghazi-cia-operatives-told-to-stand-down/

Offline jpsb

Re: Yes, A Stand-Down Order Was Given In Benghazi Attack
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 12:55:37 pm »
Thank goodness Hillary lost

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Yes, A Stand-Down Order Was Given In Benghazi Attack
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 06:56:10 pm »
I ultimately blame those deaths on Obama because I think a deliberate "small footprint/don't antagonize anyone" policy led to us having people unable to defend themselves effectively.  I also blame him for Gen. Ham's decision that airstrikes were not "the appropriate tool" to help out our people in Benghazi.

However, the particular example of the on-site CIA chief refusing to release the contractors to go to the consulate is something I put on him.  I think he probably did it because he didn't want to expose a CIA facility/annex that was supposed to be covert, and so hoped that the locals would bail out the ambassador.  Terrible decision, but I don't think it was one made with malice.