Author Topic: loses job because she voted trump  (Read 1390 times)

Offline jpsb

Offline jpsb

Re: loses job because she voted trump
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 06:30:52 pm »
I'll bet this is happening all across the nation.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:38:27 pm »
If it's really as she describes it, this is outrageous. However, I would bet there is another side to this story.

Did you read about the CEO fired for saying he was going to kill Trump? This is how the facist left thinks. Reward your (political) friends and punish your (political) enemies.  Just look at all the rioting happening, I think there is a good chance she's telling the truth.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 06:47:30 pm »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 06:50:55 pm »

She went to work and caused a disruption.
Her boss told her to 'stop talking' (because she was disrupting the workplace).
She interpreted this admonishment as being suppressive of her pro-Trump views.
She then challenged her boss's warning and confronted him indicating that he was 'oppressing' her ability to express herself.
Her boss then told her to 'leave' (which she assumed meant she was fired. I think he just wanted her to shut-up to stop the disruption).
She then reiterated to her boss, and to the office I assume, her view of herself as a 'proud American'.
Her boss then told her to leave again, which she complied.
She then made a self congratulatory video establishing herself as the victim of anti-Trump repression.

Being pro-Trump and being a proud American does not give anyone the right to be a loudmouth jerk, especially at work. IMO
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 07:04:38 pm »
Could someone summarize this?

I will need specifics to buy this. According to the comments she doesn't name the employer. That makes it hard to verify.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 07:35:49 pm »
She went to work and caused a disruption.
Her boss told her to 'stop talking' (because she was disrupting the workplace).
She interpreted this admonishment as being suppressive of her pro-Trump views.
She then challenged her boss's warning and confronted him indicating that he was 'oppressing' her ability to express herself.
Her boss then told her to 'leave' (which she assumed meant she was fired. I think he just wanted her to shut-up to stop the disruption).
She then reiterated to her boss, and to the office I assume, her view of herself as a 'proud American'.
Her boss then told her to leave again, which she complied.
She then made a self congratulatory video establishing herself as the victim of anti-Trump repression.

Being pro-Trump and being a proud American does not give anyone the right to be a loudmouth jerk, especially at work. IMO
I have never worked a job where insubordination was not a possible cause for dismissal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 08:00:10 pm »

I have never worked a job where insubordination was not a possible cause for dismissal.

Sounds to me like she went to work looking for a fight. And I can 'sort of' understand that, in a way. All the Trump supporters were ecstatic that he was elected. It may have been hard for her to resist sticking in the face of her co-workers. But it does sound like she got carried away.

They didn't dismiss her at first. They asked her to shut-up. That, apparently, set her off, and she then started challenging her boss. That is what got her fired. It had nothing to do with Trump. Sounds like she made quite a scene.

She went to work with a chip on her shoulder, and she got sent home. That really is all there is to it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline chae

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 08:08:16 pm »
When I worked at Blue Cross, I saw someone get fired because of the opposite actually.
I transferred him to a supervisor because he was mad, and while on the phone with me he said that "Bill Clinton is the Anti-Christ" and "America is going downhill because of all the Got-damn Mexicans!"
Apparently the supervisor and the customer started arguing about politics and the supervisor got fired for it.
If you go picking a fight, you might find one you can't win.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 08:13:46 pm »
Guy some advice:

Just STFU about politics. Avoid the subject with friends, family, and coworkers.

Good advice for me too.

All that matters is pulling that lever every 2 years or so.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 10:51:55 pm »
Guy some advice:

Just STFU about politics. Avoid the subject with friends, family, and coworkers.

Good advice for me too.

All that matters is pulling that lever every 2 years or so.

Your advice reminds me of this video from last week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2CM_It9R04

Additional details:  "On my friend's @wirelessness flight from SFO to Mexico, some kinda scuffle broke out where an individual with a "plaid shirt and a camo cap" said something racist (about being "glad to have kept his guns") to an African American lady, and she began to cry and freak out. They separated the two of them, and then the Captain of the flight got on the PA and made this announcement.

Added on 11/15: Just a few things I wanted to add:

1) The individual that said what was said to the African American lady DID apologize to her after the crew separated them on the flight.
2) The pilot specifically asked if no one would talk about Trump for the duration of the flight.
3) Right after he said that, my friend started to record this video
."