Author Topic: ‘Sanctuary’ Cities in the Crosshairs  (Read 409 times)

rangerrebew

‘Sanctuary’ Cities in the Crosshairs
« on: November 16, 2016, 12:50:32 pm »

‘Sanctuary’ Cities in the Crosshairs

by Brendan Kirby | Updated 15 Nov 2016 at 7:28 AM

President-Elect Donald Trump’s upset victory last week did nothing to show the light to renegade cities and counties that have refused to cooperate with federal immigration authorities.

Since the election, officials in Chicago, Seattle, Philadelphia, and elsewhere have reiterated their opposition to federal law. That position sets them on a collision course with the incoming Trump administration. Jessica Vaughan, director of policy studies at the Center for Immigration Studies, said the federal government doles out hundreds of millions of dollars each year in law enforcement grants.

“Definitely some of it is under the control of the Department of Justice … That’s the first obvious funding that should be denied sanctuary cities,” she said.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/s...he-crosshairs/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: ‘Sanctuary’ Cities in the Crosshairs
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 02:22:02 am »
The way to deal with the "sanctuary holdouts" will be to cut off their funding, cold turkey.

There will be court challenges, probably all the way to the Supreme Court.

It's important that Scalia's replacement be confirmed quickly.

If this requires "the nuclear option" in the Senate, well... so be it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: ‘Sanctuary’ Cities in the Crosshairs
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 02:25:07 am »
There should not be and there never should have been anything like a sanctuary city in the United States of America!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien