Author Topic: President Trump's Policies Will Likely Slow Economic Growth Over The Next Two Years  (Read 660 times)

Offline uglybiker

Bill Conerly , 
  Contributor

Donald Trump will be able to start on some of his campaign promises through executive orders, while others will require Congressional approval. A number of American industries will be strongly impacted in the next two years. Even if the direction of change proves beneficial in the long run, short-run change and uncertainty will reduce capital spending and employment in these sectors. My new economic forecast is lower in the next two years than my old forecast, but the spread of possibilities is wider than ever.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billconerly/2016/11/11/trump-congress-executive-authority-and-the-economic-forecast/#2c8d73b1bde8
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline skeeter

Bill Conerly , 
  Contributor

Donald Trump will be able to start on some of his campaign promises through executive orders, while others will require Congressional approval. A number of American industries will be strongly impacted in the next two years. Even if the direction of change proves beneficial in the long run, short-run change and uncertainty will reduce capital spending and employment in these sectors. My new economic forecast is lower in the next two years than my old forecast, but the spread of possibilities is wider than ever.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billconerly/2016/11/11/trump-congress-executive-authority-and-the-economic-forecast/#2c8d73b1bde8

Sounds like Conerly simply went to the historical record and looked at the period of 1981-1983 for reference.

This assumes that Trump follows through on his tax cut promises.

Offline DB

Well considering the last 8 years was based on the federal reserve printing press running 24/7 a recession is likely no matter who got elected.