Author Topic: The Scenic Route To Hell  (Read 1225 times)

Offline LMAO

The Scenic Route To Hell
« on: November 15, 2016, 11:36:32 am »

"I rarely comment on specific news items, as I tend to focus on the long view. However, I’ve been repeatedly asked to comment on the recent American presidential election and what a win by Donald Trump will mean."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-14/scenic-route-hell
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: The Scenic Route To Hell
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 11:48:54 am »
I hope Trump doesn't listen to these Zero Hedge morons who have been predicting economic collapse every year of the Obama administration that never occurred.

Biggest bunch of idiots on the face of the planet and so are their readers.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 12:09:50 pm »
I hope Trump doesn't listen to these Zero Hedge morons who have been predicting economic collapse every year of the Obama administration that never occurred.

Biggest bunch of idiots on the face of the planet and so are their readers.

Maybe so.

But when was the last time you heard Trump talk about liberty? Trump has already stated he will do nothing regarding entitlements. Has Trump talked about our fiscal situation and what he plans on doing about it? How about the free market? We already are getting mixed signals on ObamaCare. He has already talked about a new entitlement on the campaign trail

If you don't like Zero Hedge, how about the CBO reports on our fiscal situation?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 12:12:18 pm »
Maybe so.

But when was the last time you heard Trump talk about liberty? Trump has already stated he will do nothing regarding entitlements. Has Trump talked about our fiscal situation and what he plans on doing about it? How about the free market? We already are getting mixed signals on ObamaCare. He has already talked about a new entitlement on the campaign trail

If you don't like Zero Hedge, how about the CBO reports on our fiscal situation?

I agree on all points. Trump never talks about liberty, he's a Schwarzenegger-style politician who doesn't really have an ideological moorings.

Still have no idea what sort of economic system we'll see from Trump.

I agree on fiscal situation, but both parties have dropped the ball on that. Even Reagan couldn't handle that.

Why would anything change now?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 12:56:11 pm »

I agree on all points. Trump never talks about liberty, he's a Schwarzenegger-style politician who doesn't really have an ideological moorings.

Still have no idea what sort of economic system we'll see from Trump.

I agree on fiscal situation, but both parties have dropped the ball on that. Even Reagan couldn't handle that.

Why would anything change now?

Public debt is now over 100% of GDP. The last time that happened was after WW2. That was war debt. The debt is going to keep growing and growing. We are on a clearly unsustainable path

Barry Goldwater

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 02:42:33 am »
LMAO said:
"Trump has already stated he will do nothing regarding entitlements"

George W. Bush started "talking about entitlements" (Social Security) back in 2005 just after he was re-elected.

What happened to the Republicans in the Congressional elections in 2006?

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid ain't goin' nowhere.
They may see some revisions and tinkerin', but they're here to stay.

Better get used to it.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 11:40:48 am »
LMAO said:
"Trump has already stated he will do nothing regarding entitlements"

George W. Bush started "talking about entitlements" (Social Security) back in 2005 just after he was re-elected.

What happened to the Republicans in the Congressional elections in 2006?

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid ain't goin' nowhere.
They may see some revisions and tinkerin', but they're here to stay.

Better get used to it.

It was the public's dissatisfaction with the Iraq  War that cost the GOP in 2006.

You can't avoid math forever. That's the reality. Math and the law of economics
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 12:01:55 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater