Author Topic: R.I.P. Leon Russell - Music In Honor of Leon Russell  (Read 2329 times)

Offline libertybele

R.I.P. Leon Russell - Music In Honor of Leon Russell
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:25:01 am »
What a wonderful talent and I am very saddened by his passing ... R.I.P. Leon!

Influential songwriter and performer Leon Russell died at home in his sleep, according to his wife, Jan Bridges, who released a statement Sunday afternoon (Nov. 13) in appreciation of the outpouring of support after her husband's passing.

"We thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers during this very, very difficult time," she wrote.

While she did not specify his cause of death, she said, "My husband passed in his sleep in our Nashville home. He was recovering from heart surgery in July and looked forward to getting back on the road in January. We appreciate everyone's love and support."

Russell, born Claude Russell Bridges, passed away at the age of 74. His final live performance was in Nashville on July 10....

https://www.yahoo.com/music/leon-russell-passed-away-sleep-home-wife-says-222916196.html

One of my favorites; Delta Lady:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxNeSr2qs3g
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 02:35:27 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Re: R.I.P. Leon Russell - Music In Honor of Leon Russell
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 02:30:55 am »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 02:33:18 am »
Leon Russell's Induction Into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (Elton John Intro) -- This is definitely a tear jerker and a must-see!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT5aYRgmgyM
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 02:52:58 am by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 02:43:25 am »
Roll Away The Stone!  (Love the Honky-Tonk piano in this).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XJaDzI_wVg&index=14&list=PLqlGyliLAE-vKwu6z_E01CYmfVZ3a_yy3

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 03:42:59 am »
@Longmire
Needs to see this thread, seems to be a big fan.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 04:23:42 am »
1971 Lost Angeles Public TV show "Homewood Sessions"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37dw2r45Xzg

1964 Shindig TV afternoon dance show also Lost Angeles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlYx59c8Jzk
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Longmire

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 03:28:03 pm »
Thanks @TomSea ... :beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 03:38:16 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 03:43:56 pm »
I knew he recorded alot of music but I had NO idea Russell was such a ubiquitous session musician.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx