Author Topic: Trump Must Keep His Promise: Indict Hillary Clinton  (Read 2359 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Trump Must Keep His Promise: Indict Hillary Clinton
« on: November 12, 2016, 08:41:10 pm »
SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

URL: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/11/indict_hillary_clinton.html

by: Daniel John Sobieski

While Hillary Clinton’s “basket of deplorables” was marching to the polls pitchforks and torches in hand to deny her access to the presidency and a new revenue source for the Clinton Foundation, Scooter Libby got his law license back and was reinstated to the bar by the D.C. Court of Appeals.

Libby was Vice President Dick Cheney’s chief of staff when he was charged with obstruction of an investigation into the “outing” of Valerie Plame as a CIA operative. Plame was in fact a desk jockey at CIA Headquarters in Langley, Virginia, not a secret agent in harm’s way. As Investor’s Business Daily noted:

Remember the alleged outing of the already known CIA officer and desk jockey Valerie Plame? We were told then that the Vanity Fair cover girl's 15 minutes of fame jeopardized our national security even if everybody already knew who she was.

"Scooter" Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's former chief of staff, went to jail because his memory of events and who said what to whom regarding Plame differed from the recollections of others, particularly news reporters.

Libby in fact did not out Plame who was not a covert operative. Hillary Clinton, whose faulty memory caused her to say to the FBI she couldn’t recall some 39 times, did in fact endanger the lives of foreign operatives in her “carelessness”, as FBI Director James Comey put it, regarding classified emails.

Scooter Libby’s “crimes” included making “false” statements to the FBI in the case of the alleged “outing” of well-known CIA desk jockey Valerie Plame. If anyone has made false statements to the FBI, it is one Hillary Rodham Clinton. Saying you don’t recall more than three dozen times doesn’t past the Pinocchio test.

Plame was as noted a well-known desk jockey at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia. Hillary’s lies and reckless carelessness included the transmission of emails containing the names of actual CIA operatives in the field involved in clandestine operations. As the New York Post reported:

Hillary Clinton’s e-mails included the names of CIA officers serving overseas and foreigners who are on the spy agency’s payroll -- potentially endangering their lives, it was reported Monday.

“It’s a death sentence,” a senior intelligence-community official told the Observer. “If we’re lucky, only [foreign] agents, not our officers, will get killed because of this.”

The paper said the intelligence community is in panic mode trying to determine which agents may have been compromised.

CIA officials assume foreign agencies intercepted unencrypted e-mails stored on Clinton’s.  home server while she was secretary of state.

So why was Libby convicted and Hillary Clinton not even indicted? In an interesting historical footnote, Comey, who falsely claimed no serious prosecutor would take the case of Hillary Clinton, was among those who found sufficient evidence to prosecute and convict Libby. Comey, it appears, has even more explaining to do. As the Daily Caller reports:

Washington D.C.-based former U.S. Attorney Joe DiGenova believes the Libby decision is a “terrible blow” to FBI Director James Comey, who announced Sunday that the agency had no new conclusions on Hillary Clinton and her private server from the 650,000 new emails found on Anthony Weiner’s laptop.

“Scooter Libby was restored to the practice of law by the DC court of appeals because they believed that Scooter Libby presented evidence that his original trial had been corrupted by false testimony. And that false testimony was coerced by Jim Comey’s friend Patrick Fitzgerald and Comey was part of the team to destroy the vice president of the United States and it didn’t happen,” DiGenova said.

He added,” It’s such a smack in the face to Jim Comey.  Comey and Fitzgerald tried to frame Scooter Libby, and they did….”

The evidence against Hillary is damning, and the line of prosecutors willing to take the case would encircle the FBI building in Washington, D.C. Judge Michael Mikasey, former attorney general under President George W. Bush, listed the charges that Hillary Clinton could face on Fax Radio’s “Kilmeade and Friends:”

We are looking at a range of things, everything from the misdemeanor that was charged against General Petraeus, which is putting classified information in an unprotected, classified setting, that’s a misdemeanor. Then there is destroying government records. Then there is taking information related to the national defense and treating it with gross negligence such as it becomes disclosed. And finally, there is obstruction of justice.”

There is the destruction of evidence under Congressional subpoena. As even Comey admitted, Hillary lied about sending and receiving classified material; about having only one device, and about turning over all her emails. If intent is needed, what is accidental about smashing devices with hammers or using Bleach Bit to render emails unrecoverable? If you need a motive for having a private server, which speaks to intent, the obvious purpose is to cover up the “pay to play” trail that leads from the State Department to the Clinton Foundation.

As Investor’s Business Daily editorialized, donations to the Clinton Foundation even played a factor in the refusal of Hillary Clinton’s State Department to designate Nigeria’s Boko Haram as a terrorist organization for two years:

Hillary's emails may be only the tip of an iceberg that could include Clinton Foundation donations to shield Boko Haram from being designated a terrorist group and her brother's involvement in a Haitian gold mine….

In interviews with the Post, both Rodham and the chief executive of Delaware-based VCS Mining said they were introduced at a meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative, which seems more and more to be an unseemly mix of charitable work with the political and business interests of Clinton Foundation donors.

And then there's Hillary's strange dealings regarding the Nigerian terrorist group Boko Haram, which just recently pledged its allegiance to the ever-expanding Islamic State -- dubbed the "JV team" by President Obama, who has yet to make good on his pledge to degrade and destroy them.

Last May, we wondered why for two years on Hillary Clinton's watch the State Department refused to designate a Nigerian Islamist group as a terrorist organization. This group has murdered thousands as it wages a real war on women. As Josh Rogin at the Daily Beast reports, the Clinton State Department "refused to place Boko Haram on the list of foreign terrorist organizations in 2011" after the group bombed the United Nations headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria…

How many of the more than 30,000 "personal" emails that Hillary deleted from her private account relate to these matters? Is that why she needed a private email server? We need to see that server. It might provide, er, a veritable gold mine of information.

This is but one example. The public corruption of Hilary and Bill Clinton was also on display in Colombia, Haiti, and other places. Hillary Clinton has endangered the lives of our foreign operatives, placed our national security at risk, lied to Congress, the FBI, and the American people, and used her public office to enrich herself and her family without benefit if a business or private sector job.

Various FBI offices are said to still be investigating the Clinton Foundation and we can only hope so. Comey doesn’t think there’s any fire under all that smoke but perhaps a Trump attorney general might think differently. We have hope in Trump’s own remarks in a presidential debate as reported by the New York Times:

About 20 minutes into the debate, Donald Trump delivered a menacing threat to Hillary Clinton. “If I win,” he warned, “I’m going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation, because there’s never been so many lies, so much deception.” …

“It’s just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law in our country,” Mrs. Clinton observed.

“Because,” Mr. Trump replied “you’d be in jail.”

This is not a Third World country where leaders incarcerate their predecessors and opponents on a whim. But we are a nation of laws and Hillary Clinton has broken many of them. Her only accomplishment in public office has been to so far avoid prosecution. President Trump should keep his promise to incarcerate this fugitive from justice. The voters have denied Hillary Clinton the presidency. A Trump Justice Department should deny Hillary Clinton her freedom.

Daniel John Sobieski is a freelance writer whose pieces have appeared in Investor’s Business Daily, Human Events, Reason Magazine and the Chicago Sun-Times among other publications. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Trump Must Keep His Promise: Indict Hillary Clinton
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 08:41:58 pm »
I still think Obama may give her a blanket pardon before he leaves.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 08:46:16 pm »

How do you pardon someone who hasn't been indicted?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 08:50:12 pm »
Anyone who urges that Trump begin his Presidency by embarking on a political vendetta doesn't want the new President to succeed.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 08:51:21 pm »
How do you pardon someone who hasn't been indicted?

A presidential pardon doesn't require an indictment or even charges officially having been declared.

Some of our most famous Presidential pardons involved cases where there was no indictment. Ford pardoning Nixon and Carter issuing a blanket pardon to all anti-war protestors. In 1863, Lincoln issued a blanket pardon to all Confederate soldiers.

At that, many Presidential pardons were issued with no indictment involved.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 09:02:04 pm »

It's an admission of wrongdoing if Obama issues a pardon and an admission of guilt if she accepts it.

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 09:07:21 pm »
It's an admission of wrongdoing if Obama issues a pardon and an admission of guilt if she accepts it.

Not necessarily re the aforementioned Confederate and draft dodger pardons.  It all gets down to how they control the media around it. I can easily see Obama claiming this was to end a 'partisan witch hunt' and the media running with that. Whomever controls the narrative wins on that.

Also, at this point, I don't think Hillary cares. I doubt she'll try to run again.

geronl

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 09:12:30 pm »
Trump almost never keeps his promises, or even pay his contractors and pollsters.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 09:16:54 pm »
I see no reason for vindictiveness. If Obama doesn't pardon her, I hope Trump doesn't have her prosecuted.

This is consistent with my support of Ford's pardon of Nixon in 1974. I swear, a lot of people back then either wanted Nixon and his wife killed and hung by their heels, as with Mussolini and his girlfriend, or have the entire Nixon family murdered, as with Tsar Nicholas II and his family.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 07:47:43 pm »
Anyone who urges that Trump begin his Presidency by embarking on a political vendetta doesn't want the new President to succeed.   
But Trump beginning his Presidency by immediately reneging on his campaign promises that got him elected will get him success? Why not just admit then that we should expect all his campaign promises to be the same old rhetoric that politicians shovel and never really mean afterall? :shrug:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 07:53:30 pm »
I see no reason for vindictiveness. If Obama doesn't pardon her, I hope Trump doesn't have her prosecuted.

This is consistent with my support of Ford's pardon of Nixon in 1974. I swear, a lot of people back then either wanted Nixon and his wife killed and hung by their heels, as with Mussolini and his girlfriend, or have the entire Nixon family murdered, as with Tsar Nicholas II and his family.
My feeling is that an honest DOJ should investigate all the allegations and after they determine if there have been prosecutable offenses a decision be made. I personally want her actions on record, not swept under the carpet and allowing the Clintons to play the innocent victims and keep their fingers meddling in American and world politics. When they are relegated to the ash heaps of hisyory to live as the lepers they are, then I will be satisfied.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 07:57:57 pm »
But Trump beginning his Presidency by immediately reneging on his campaign promises that got him elected will get him success? Why not just admit then that we should expect all his campaign promises to be the same old rhetoric that politicians shovel and never really mean afterall? :shrug:

If that's the way you feel, then nothing I can say will make you think different.  But a political vendetta against a vanquished opponent cannot possibly move the country forward, or fix any of the problems that animated Trump's supporters.   It just poisons the well and destroys any goodwill Trump may hope to possess. 

Remember that Obama resisted calls from his partisan base to prosecute Bush administration officials who had approved waterboarding.   Trump should exhibit similar magnanimity here.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 08:01:22 pm »
Does Trump have the ability to indict those whom he chooses to indict?

When did everyone ascribe that power to him?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline kidd

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 03:49:29 pm »
Hillary Clinton committed extremely serious crimes against the United States.

As POTUS, Donald Trump will have one, and only one, legal power to stop her prosecution. A pardon.
If Trump directs his DOJ to not prosecute Clinton, then Donald Trump will exceed his authority as POTUS and will be no better than Obama.

Assuming Obama doesn't pardon Clinton, Trump has the choice of:
(a) letting the DOJ do its job and prosecute Clinton,
(b) exercising the legal option to pardon Clinton,
(c) exercising the illegal option to force the DOJ to sit on the Clinton prosecution

Choice (b) will not happen.

Some on this board are advocating that Trump engage in Choice (c), for political reasons or to mollify the petulant left.
- Donald Trump is not king and does not have the legal option to decide who can be prosecuted or not.
- Donald Trump does not "owe" the left anything.
- The seriousness of Hillary Clinton's crimes far, far, far, exceed anything that Nixon or Bush did.
- Donald Trump is not in any way responsible for Hillary Clinton's illegal activities. She is entitled to her day in court.
- There is little reason for magnanimity: Scooter Libby.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 04:27:21 pm »

Ah, but this is precisely the sort of person who thought Trump was the best man for the job.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 04:57:31 pm »
President elect Trump does not get to indict anyone!  All he can do is appoint people to serve in the Justice Department who will follow the law. If he does that everything fall into place!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline r9etb

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 05:06:07 pm »
President elect Trump does not get to indict anyone!  All he can do is appoint people to serve in the Justice Department who will follow the law. If he does that everything fall into place!

The author of this lamentable screed finally gets around to admitting this, sort of, albeit at a point below where most readers would have stopped reading....

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 05:15:38 pm »

Which is precisely what Trump is, as us Cassandras repeatedly tried to explain during the primaries and the general election. 

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 05:23:46 pm »
While I understand the sentiment, I believe that greater damage to the Dem party can be had by going after all those AROUND Hillary.