Author Topic: 14 TV Shows Likely to Get the Ax After This Season  (Read 6312 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: 14 TV Shows Likely to Get the Ax After This Season
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2016, 02:18:55 am »
@truth_seeker

http://www.channelmaster.com/Special_Offers_s/364.htm?ATTClick=124486

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024R4B5C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BTW,I like those RCA antennas so much I use two of them,one for the house and one for the workshop,and have given two to friends as presents.
Elsewhere today read that Direct TV/ATT is starting a service like Sling TV. Over the Internet, not a cable or antenna.

So competition is forcing more choices, and lower prices.

In my case, I will probably drop pay channels, on Roku. There are only 24 hours per day.

I recently discovered a HUGE amount of high quality content, on YouTube.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2016, 02:29:39 am »
The wife and I really like "Never Call Saul." "Fargo('s)"  first two seasons were somewhat interesting. As far as "new" shows, that's about it.

I just finished watching this week's recording of "Pure Genius".  I figured it would be another rehash of the same boring formula of so many other shows, and maybe it is, that I would stop recording after a few episodes, but it has worked for me.  It is NOT Fargo (which I really like), but I find it entertaining (in a completely different way).

And BTW, ESPNU is broadcasting a replay of last week's Iowa/Michigan game tomorrow morning, in case anyone only got the chance to record it once.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2016, 04:12:10 am »
I only watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu right now. A lot less Hulu because it requires you to "keep up" in some cases.

I don't recognize any of these shows. Not one.

Good things I have watched on Netflix recently have been:

Dark Matter (still working on this one - somewhere in Season 2.)
Luke Cage (still in progress)
Stranger Things (holy crap! awesome)
Making a Murderer
Knights of Sidonia (You really have to give anime a chance. Most start out somewhat basic in the first 1-3 episodes, then start getting really deep on the character development and side stories. It's also fun to watch awkward Japanese sexuality. Crazy.)
I had fun watching "Braindead" on CBS. Looking past the fact that the stereotypes were all from the Democrat side, I thought it was funny.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2016, 04:20:38 am »
We've gotten to the point of watching only reruns of Law and Order, a few sporting events and Barnwood Builders on the DIY network.

Braindead - never heard of it

So what's on tonight? Never mind, I have to work.
I didn't see any of the others, admittedly. Braindead started out with a meteor crashing, being recovered, and spilling out a horde of Alien bugs (little bugs) looking for people to take over. The critters enter the ears of some prominent politicians in Congress, and mayhem ensues. I thought it was a fun satire of Washington DC, YMMV.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2016, 05:29:23 am »
Elsewhere today read that Direct TV/ATT is starting a service like Sling TV. Over the Internet, not a cable or antenna.

@truth_seeker

The channels you would get from that HD antenna would be broadcast channels. They are free,and not channels you would get on a ROKU or SLING.

I didn't know this until I bought my HD antenna and hooked it up,but all of the local UHF and VHF stations were broadcasting 2 more channels in addition to the the traditional channels I had received before hooking up a HD antenna. Plus there were other stations I wasn't even aware of that just popped up. And yes,each one of them had different programming. It wasn't the same programs being put out on multiple channels.

A one-time expenditure of less than 45 dollars and you view them for free every day after that. The only cost is the antenna.
 www.tvfool.com

BTW,if you do go this way,go to  www.tvfool.com,type in your zip code,and you will get a list of all the tv stations in your area it is possible for you to receive,as well as a compass azimuth to help you point your antenna in their direction,and the location of each broadcast tower and the distance from your house will be listed.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 05:33:53 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2016, 05:20:07 pm »
@truth_seeker

The channels you would get from that HD antenna would be broadcast channels. They are free,and not channels you would get on a ROKU or SLING.

Thanks much.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2016, 01:09:27 am »
That's the system my friend has. Gets free channels off of the antenna and some of them aren't bad. I really do like "Heroes and Icons"; that channel. Just old action shows. He even gets some shopping channel.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 01:09:57 am by TomSea »