Author Topic: Flyer calling for ‘vigilante squads’ circulating around Texas State University  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Hmm... hoax or genuine?

Flyer calling for ‘vigilante squads’ circulating around Texas State

SAN MARCOS, Texas (KXAN) — A controversial flyer in support of the President-Elect Donald Trump is circulating around Texas State calling for vigilante squads to tar and feather university leaders.

An image of camo-clad men holding guns and an American Flag stand beside the message with “‘Texas State Vigilantes” written across the bottom. The flyers found in bathrooms on campus claim school officials are spouting “diversity garbage,” and now that Trump has been elected they plan to arrest and torture university leaders. School officials said the flyers were glued on bathroom mirrors in several buildings across campus.

More, including an image of one of the flyers, at the link: http://kxan.com/2016/11/10/flyer-calling-for-vigilante-squads-circulating-around-texas-state/
Let it burn.

Offline dfwgator

Hoax.

Offline Ghost Bear

Let it burn.

Offline GAJohnnie

If genuine, just don't. Democrats are doing irreparable harm to themselves. This is a temper tantrum by the losers. Don't elevate it by engaging. Just point and laugh.

Offline chae

Well, considering what was going around on TOS prior to the election, I'm inclined to believe there are pockets of people who want to do that.  Will they actually do anything when the rubber meets the road, I don't know, but they sure were talking a big game leading up to the election.

Offline GAJohnnie

I've been all over the TOS. I can find no evidence anyone suggest any such thing.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Well, considering what was going around on TOS prior to the election, I'm inclined to believe there are pockets of people who want to do that.  Will they actually do anything when the rubber meets the road, I don't know, but they sure were talking a big game leading up to the election.

I had someone call me a "Matzo Ni**er" on twitter first thing this morning.

I don't like Trump so I must be Jewish AND black.

Offline bolobaby

I can't believe anyone is stupid enough to NOT realize this is a false flag operation.

Oh, wait... liberals...
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I can't believe anyone is stupid enough to NOT realize this is a false flag operation.

Oh, wait... liberals...

Bingo!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Ghost Bear

Oh, wait... liberals...

Sure I agree, it probably is a hoax... but in this day and age, one can't be too careful.   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline r9etb

I had someone call me a "Matzo Ni**er" on twitter first thing this morning.

I don't like Trump so I must be Jewish AND black.

You have to admit there's a certain cretinous cleverness to the insult..  Otherwise: Ugh -- I hate Illinois Nazis.

Offline r9etb

Evidence? Or hoax in your opinion?

Most likely a hoax.  I don't think real "Texas State Vigilantes" would go to the trouble to make fancy fliers and paste them to mirrors all over campus, much less offer to "arrest and torture university leaders."

This looks a lot like some of the actual hoaxes we've seen in the past.  It really does sound like what a leftist snowflake thinks that a far-right group of vigilantes would actually sound like.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Sure I agree, it probably is a hoax... but in this day and age, one can't be too careful.   :shrug:

9 times out of 10 yes but reflexive denials allow the cancer to grow.

I've always said that if fascism comes to America it will come hiding behind Godwin's Law, denying its own very existence.

Offline GAJohnnie

Most likely a hoax.  I don't think real "Texas State Vigilantes" would go to the trouble to make fancy fliers and paste them to mirrors all over campus, much less offer to "arrest and torture university leaders."

This looks a lot like some of the actual hoaxes we've seen in the past.  It really does sound like what a leftist snowflake thinks that a far-right group of vigilantes would actually sound like.

That has been the SOP. I have yet to hear of any of these "Campus racists threats" to be anything but agit proapganda from the local fringe.

Offline Victoria33

@Ghost Bear

My father-in-law, Leland Derrick, was president of Texas State University, when it was Southwest Texas University.  One of the buildings there is named Derrick Hall in his honor.

If he was living now, he would hunt up these "vigilante squads" and they would no longer be students there.  He was of the old school who believed education was the goal of the college.  There would be no "safe" rooms there.

Offline Ghost Bear

@Ghost Bear

My father-in-law, Leland Derrick, was president of Texas State University, when it was Southwest Texas University.  One of the buildings there is named Derrick Hall in his honor.

If he was living now, he would hunt up these "vigilante squads" and they would no longer be students there.  He was of the old school who believed education was the goal of the college.  There would be no "safe" rooms there.

What do you think he would have thought of the students who are protesting Trump's win?
Let it burn.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Thanks for the laugh. That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Capture university leaders for teaching 'diversity'. Really? Tar and feather? And then what? Run them out of town on a rail? lol

Why not just kill them. That would solve the problem permanently.

Well if you are really going to do this, then why give everyone a warning? Why would you include your specific your tar & feather plans. Less talk buba. Just do it!

Where do you get tar & feathers these days anyway? That was a nice touch.

That's funny stuff. Obviously a hoax by one of the anti-Trump students there. Texas State Vigilantes sounds like the name of a bar band. And the photo looks like an album cover.

I enjoyed the post.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.