Author Topic: The Official TBR Mea Culpa thread  (Read 5042 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The Official TBR Mea Culpa thread
« on: November 10, 2016, 08:49:52 pm »
Use this thread to utter your mea culpas:

I was wrong to say, repeatedly, that Trump couldn't win. I'm happy he won, and I did end up voting for him. but I had never believed he would win.

I also had bet (sans money) A-lert that he would be sorry on Wednesday morning. And up until around 9:30PM Tuesday night, I was certain I would be right. He's since been banned but if he's reading this, I was wrong.

And I guess I was wrong about limbaugh too and will have to start listening again. I thought he was sinking the whole show.

Offline skeeter

Re: The Official TBR Mea Culpa thread
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 08:57:13 pm »

I was wrong to say, repeatedly, that Trump couldn't win. I'm happy he won, and I did end up voting for him. but I had never believed he would win.

I also had bet (sans money) A-lert that he would be sorry on Wednesday morning. And up until around 9:30PM Tuesday night, I was certain I would be right. He's since been banned but if he's reading this, I was wrong.

And I guess I was wrong about limbaugh too and will have to start listening again. I thought he was sinking the whole show.

If I was 100% certain he would lose I wouldn't have 'violated my principles' by voting for him.

More like I was 98% certain he would lose. But a 2% chance Hillary could be kept from the white house was enough.

Before that, I was suspicious about his seriousness about winning - all of those times he sabotaged himself.

So, Mea Culpa.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 09:15:15 pm »

I am not going to post any mea culpa.  I said Trump couldn't win before the NYPD's Weinergate investigation, before Julian Assange's eleventh hour Wikileaks revelations, and before the publicity of the FBI re-opening the whole e-mail mess.  When I saw this triad of Deus Ex Machina, I did publicly say that I thought Trump had a good chance of winning after all.

In a manner of speaking, Assange is the guy who really won the election for Trump.  I think Assange deserves the Congressional Medal of Freedom.  I still think Trump stinks.   

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 11:52:44 am »
I also owe a huge apology to Rush and Hannity as well I guess.

They were right and I was wrong.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 11:54:27 am »
I thought conservatives were smarter than to elect a lowlife degenerate like Trump.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 04:48:58 pm »
Mea culpa means "my fault." I was 100% wrong about Trump's ability to win, but nothing will ever be my fault in this election because I voted Castle.

Furthermore, having been so wrong about how badly he will lose, I am now adopting a "let's see" attitude towards how he will govern. I have serious doubts, but I'll try not to be as overbearing with them as I was  pre-election.

But I'm watching... Always watching...

But mea culpa is a poor title for this thread.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 04:52:51 pm »
I've already said all I have to say on the subject elsewhere!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 02:54:23 pm »
I guess I vacillated back-and-forth between he could win to he can't win

I didn't cast a ballot for him but I shed no tears over Hillary Clinton's loss. A nice payback to her for all the people she has hurt and damaged over her career to lose to a guy that even 60 some percent question his fitness for office
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 04:14:34 pm »
I thought conservatives were smarter than to elect a lowlife degenerate like Trump.

From my point of view, conservatives DIDN'T elect Trump. Using one square of tp to wipe with doesn't necessarily make you a conservative. It may only prove up the fact you are half-assed.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 04:17:27 pm »
Once, I hit my brother for no reason.  Okay, twice.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 04:21:17 pm »

Yeah, well, you probably deserved that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Resp3

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 04:24:37 pm »
I am not going to post any mea culpa.  I said Trump couldn't win before the NYPD's Weinergate investigation, before Julian Assange's eleventh hour Wikileaks revelations, and before the publicity of the FBI re-opening the whole e-mail mess.  When I saw this triad of Deus Ex Machina, I did publicly say that I thought Trump had a good chance of winning after all.

In a manner of speaking, Assange is the guy who really won the election for Trump.  I think Assange deserves the Congressional Medal of Freedom.  I still think Trump stinks.

Wiener. aka Carlos Danger.  IMO he was the reason Trump won. Comey had to  reopen the investigation based on that perverts laptop.  A laptop filled with Hillary emails, dick pics and sexts to under aged girls.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 04:28:27 pm »

I once kicked a penguin.
I've regretted it ever since.
It bothers me sometimes.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 04:29:34 pm »

I hit mine many times!  For no reason might have been in there somewhere!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 04:34:23 pm »
In the privacy of my own bedroom, when no one's is watching, I rip tags off mattresses.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 04:37:19 pm »
  I drank a light beer once

But I did learn my lesson after that and vowed to never do it again
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 04:38:50 pm »
I farted in church And blamed it on my brother.  Then he hit me. Then my dad hit my brother for hitting me.  Then the smell started wafting over the pew and we all turned and looked at the family behind us and moved away....
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 04:47:38 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 04:40:34 pm »
I looked at a racy picture of Nancy Pelosi once and for that I am VERY sorry!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 04:42:17 pm »
I looked at a racy picture of Nancy Pelosi once and for that I am VERY sorry!

We turned this thread on a dime!  :patriot:
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 04:50:52 pm »

Yes you did!  :patriot:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 04:53:37 pm »

You have skills.  Ever disarm explosives?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 04:54:01 pm »
John Steinbeck

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 04:57:03 pm »

Ok to get back on topic. I admit I stared at the lint in my bellybutton instead of voting for Trump...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2016, 05:01:11 pm »
I was wrong in my prediction that Trump would lose bigly (although right in my House and Senate predictions).

I still view Trump with suspicion, and I still think that he is not a good person. That said, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am hopeful that if he can make some good appointments in the next few months, than his administration could do a whole lotta good for the country. The appointment of Ebell to lead the EPA transition is exactly the sort of thing I would hope to see (honestly, in my wildest dreams I hadn't though that could happen).

:amen: to every word of that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2016, 05:04:58 pm »
I was wrong in my prediction that Trump would lose bigly (although right in my House and Senate predictions).

I still view Trump with suspicion, and I still think that he is not a good person. That said, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am hopeful that if he can make some good appointments in the next few months, than his administration could do a whole lotta good for the country. The appointment of Ebell to lead the EPA transition is exactly the sort of thing I would hope to see (honestly, in my wildest dreams I hadn't though that could happen).

Being the mouth that just doesn't know when to shut up I am giving him the benefit OF MY doubts.