Author Topic: 1st time since 1981 a Bush or Clinton is not in a postion of major national poltical influence  (Read 1626 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

For the 1st time since 1981 a Bush or a Clinton is not in a position of major national US political influence. An era in US politics ended yesterday.

I am not sad to see it go.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:33:19 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline GrouchoTex

I did vote for both Bushes, but I agree, it's about time.

Offline GAJohnnie

Yep, Campaigned donate and worked to elect both of the Bushes out of party loyalty and because we had troops in the field in 2004. Never was comfortable with them in Office. Really disappointed in them after they left office.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

For the 1st time since 1981 a Bush or a Clinton is not in a position of major national US political influence. An era in US politics ended yesterday.

I am not sad to see it go.

Trump scored a double last night in erasing the Clinton clan from our political landscape, and also the Bush dynasty.

It was disgusting to learn that two former Republican presidents would not cast a ballot for the nominee of the GOP.  To me they are now in the ashbin of history.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington