Author Topic: Curry Breaks NBA’s Three-Pointer Record  (Read 590 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Curry Breaks NBA’s Three-Pointer Record
« on: November 08, 2016, 03:16:10 pm »
Golden State Warriors superstar Steph Curry on Monday night broke the National Basketball Association’s record for most three-pointers in a single game, scoring 13 of them against the New Orleans Pelicans. The two-time MVP finished the game with 46 points, as the Warriors went on to win 116-106. “This was a special night,” Curry said afterward. “I was hard on myself in practice the last two days. I had pretty good shooting sessions.” Curry had shared the previous mark of 12 with Kobe Bryant and Donyell Marshall...

Read more at: http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/11/08/steph-curry-breaks-another-nba-record.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

Re: Curry Breaks NBA’s Three-Pointer Record
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 10:57:45 pm »
The three ball has become too dominant. Many teams now spend all their time trying to shoot  a three instead of working the ball inside.
The league should create incentives for closer shots. What it can do is give shots inside the lane bonus free throws after five team fouls. And allow any player on the shooter's team on the floor at the time to take the shots.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 11:13:31 pm by goatprairie »

Offline bolobaby

Re: Curry Breaks NBA’s Three-Pointer Record
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 11:04:23 pm »
I've actually played ball against Donyell Marshall. When I started at UCONN, it was right when Tate George made that turn around jumper to put them on the map for basketball. Back then, the team members would actually come down to the field house every now and then to play in pick-up games. I'm sure that's strictly forbidden now!

Other names I remember playing against...

John Gwynn
Lyman Depriest (They used to always pair me up against him in man-to-man. He was a really good defender, so it was a fun challenge.)
Eric Hayward
Donny Marshall (different than Donyell)

...among others.

Sigh...

Good times!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!